So much JOY.

September 14th, 2011

Friends, there is so much to tell you about.  We are seeing God do so much right now that brings us joy.

But the very best news, the news that is making me laugh and cry as I type these words, is what you will read on the blog of the Sousa-Brown family.

Jenny Sousa-Brown emailed while I was still in Katie’s country, begging for information and pictures about one of the little girls.  I was able to tell her yes!  This child lives in the bed a few feet away from Katie’s, and needs to get out of there and be loved back to life!

Did you read the posts I wrote from Katie’s country before I had to take them down?

Do you remember me writing about “one of the most sinned-against children I have ever met?”

Do you remember the little girl whose upper arm measures three inches around?

The last photos anyone had of her showed a little girl who had not yet given up.  That is the photo that hung on our refrigerator for months, as we prayed that God would send her a family.  We were shocked to the core to see what a few more years of neglect had done to this tiny human being.

Some of you read about her on Adeye’s blog, and have given financially to help bring her home.

If you haven’t already done so, please meet Liliana, who is soon to turn eleven years old.

It gives me inexpressible joy to say–

Liliana has graduated to Reece’s Rainbow’s MY FAMILY FOUND ME page!!!!

10 Responses to “So much JOY.”

1. Carolyn says:

Amazing!! I am so happy to hear this!!!!

2. April (justonemorebaby) says:

Fantastic news!!!

3. Marilyn Osborn says:

Still reading and praying, friend!

4. Deb W. says:

I am so thankful that you have opened my eyes, Susanna. I have been praying for Katie and Liliana since I first learned of your blog and their situations a few weeks or month ago. Both of these girls have amazing new families, and we are so thankful for all of you. You also posted a recent blog that spoke to me about what my husband’s and my roles are in special needs adoptions. We have taken that to heart and are praying for God’s will in that. Thank you!

5. jeanette says:

I just wanted to say THANK YOU and that I’m praying for you, Katia, and family.  For the last 3 years I have traveled to Ukraine to minister and love on some beautiful orphans.  This past summer I spent time with a girl (also named Katia) who had just returned from the hospital and still very ill.  I was able (most days) to spend about 20 minutes, twice a day, praying over her, talking to her, and rubbing her frail body.  She reminds me so much of your Katia and Liliana.  She is 6 years old but similar size to Katia.  It gives me so much hope to see families like you and the Sousa-Brown’s … that there is a loving family for Katia.  Thank you for blogging and making your story and others known.

6. alice says:

My 5 year old daughter will be so thrilled to hear this! She prays every night that the “little girls” will have a family!

7. Ginger says:

I was so excited to read about Liliana’s family! Praise the Lord for rescuing another of His precious orphans.

8. We serve an AWESOME GOD!!!

9. Wonderful news!!  :D  I have another blog to keep up too.  :)

10. Susanna, you do so much good with your writing.  God bless you with words that open eyes, more and more!