The love from on high!

August 29th, 2011

They are still there.

When I close my eyes or have a quiet moment, their faces and tiny bodies are right there.

I saw what I saw, and it is real, gag rule or no gag rule.  They are real.

They are still lying, waiting.  Waiting for something they do not know.  Waiting for parents, family, the love of Jesus.

My heart is full of hope for them because it is full of hope in God.

The Father of the fatherless is still working on their behalf, gag rule or no gag rule!

Last night, I received yet another wondrous proof that God exists and is who He claims to be.  Of all the marvels I ever get to witness, the moving of the Spirit of God in a human heart is to me the most beautiful and marvelous of all.

He can break into the passive, untrusting, self-protective, cynical detachment of a human heart.  Break it wide open!  And fill it to overflowing with His nature.

How do we recognize His nature in others?  What does His nature look like in human form?

Look at Jesus.  Jesus is God made flesh.  He, being love and truth, purposefully and willingly gave up His life to save ours.

He has moved another family to commit their lives to adopting two of the very tiny and very needy ones who are there with Katie.  There are now families for eight, possibly nine of the children with special needs in this baby house, counting our girl.  Praise His name!!!!

“Ever ascendeth the song and the joy;
Ever descendeth the love from on high!”

P.S.  Our attorney asked me this morning to please let all the prayer warriors know a miracle is needed.

Although she could have everything ready for court in September, she was told today that no court dates for adoptions will be scheduled before October or November.

“That will be a fight to be fought, for sure.”

God has already accomplished the impossible over and over again.

This is not too hard for Him!

14 Responses to “The love from on high!”

1. sabrina says:

“Of all the marvels I ever get to witness, the moving of the Spirit of God in a human heart is to me the most beautiful and marvelous of all.”

This is so true!!

I am so happy for the children getting families in Katie’s orphanage. Praise God that so many have hope and that love is coming to rescue them!

2. Ginger says:

Oh wow, praise the Lord for bringing those adoptive families forth! That is just awesome!!

3. Stefanie says:

Thank you for sharing your heart.  Thank you for your boldness, but gentle spirit.  I too am witnessing a miracle as I am in Ukraine for my 4th and 5 th Adoption, bringing home our 6th and 7th Ukrainian blessings.  I too have seen and how these little Angels need their forever families,  I only pray that people are moved, until there is not one child left in the orphanage bed.  Thank you for being the hands and feet of God.

4. Marilyn Osborn says:

Praise the Lord and praying for that miracle!!!!!!!!!!

5. Yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee!  And yes, we will pray for a September court date.  On that asap!

6. alice says:

My 5 yo dd prays every day for “the little girls,” that they would be with their families soon!

7. Amy says:

I am praying, and many of my friends are as well.

8. Tami Swaim says:

It burns in my brain when a Polish friend of mine of little means adopted two young boys from the “Dom Dziecka” and said, (in Polish~I’ll translate) “If every believer just adopted ONE of these children; the “Dom Dziecka” would be empty!”  It burns in my brain because it’s so true and yet…..

9. Diana says:

Dear Susanna,
    I have been reading your blog from the beginning over the last week or so and wondered why there were no more posts to read – then I looked at the date and realized it was posted today!  I am eagerly looking forward to updates of God’s work in your adoption.

May the Lord bless you as you look to Him and give the glory to Him!
    Diana from Seattle – Mom of 3 girls and 6 boys

10. Heather says:

Praying and sharing. Thank you for all you can and have shared. I am so in love with your Katie and the other children. Their lives have touched me so I will never forget them.

11. Rilla Wisor says:

I’ve been sharing with my FB prayer group what I can about Katie, Liliana, and the others that I know of. Both needs and praises. Lst night one of the ladies who hasn’t been with us for a while due to health reasons asked about “our orphans”. Still praying that things will be speeded up and that all will be home safely very soon.

12. Amanda says:

Keeping you guys in my thoughts! I continue to share the good news and updates with those closest to me, so rest assured there are lots of prayers and thoughts coming from Ontario Canada as well! I love to see the updates and will continue to hope that a September date comes up and that Katerina is home soon!

13. Aunt Erma says:

What a joy to see the pictures of Verity!   It looks like she is trying to dress herself—that’s quite a feat.   And, then seeing her crawl is a beautiful miracle.   Praise the Lord.

14. Amy Morris says: