The LORD works.

August 23rd, 2011

I came here to apologize en masse to some of you for my neglect, and to explain a little of what has been consuming our time, and now I am moved to tears to read your comments.  I am so encouraged to keep plugging away, little by little, and hope to get caught up with everyone very soon!  Thank you so much, friends, for letting us know that you are so faithfully praying!!

Before I left to come home, I committed to our attorney that we would continue to pray for her.

I have told her that so many people are praying for her and that she is not alone in this!

Thank you to the sister who took time to send this note to us this morning.  Thank you.

“Praise the LORD my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.  Praise the LORD my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.  The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.”

The entire Psalm is a great encouragement, but I was particularly struck by the word “works” in verse 6.  He works.  He is working.

16 Responses to “The LORD works.”

1. alice says:

Praying, Susanna! God will use little Katie to change the world.

2. Elizabeth DeHority says:

At our house, we absolutely believe that our Lord preferentially attends to the prayers of children. So my babies (even the big ones :-) ) are hard at WORK for you and your attorney. My husband and I are helping as best we can. Thank you for keeping us updated.

3. Brianna says:

Praise God; He is working!  We can trust Him at all times with all things.
    Also in comment to your “urgent requests” post – my husband and I will be praying for these children, praying for the government/social workers involved with these adoptions, and for God’s people to, like you said, fix their eyes on the Lord’s mighty power, not human obstacles.  Thank you for your bright encouragement!
    In Christ,
    Brianna D.

4. Marilyn Osborn says:

Continued earnest prayers, friend……  (((Hug)))

5. Heather says:

The hearts of God’s people are being broken. Now may he break the hearts of all who refuse to see. We are all created in his image. He created each of us with a purpose. We are studying Daniel and the captivity of the Jewish people. God was with Daniel throughout their captivity and I know he is with these children. May the Lord build a strong fortress around your attorney, adoptive families, these precious children, and all those who seek justice and may His name and His name alone be glorified. We pray this in the name of Jesus. I know He is a God of miracles.

6. Jennifer says:

Everyday I come to check on you and your sweet Katie. Please know you and your sweet little girl are loved by me and I pray many, many times a day for her and the other children.

7. Shauna says:

I was awake most of the night last night praying for Katie and [her country] and specifically for T*** who is the light in the darkness over there.  Now I know why I was so driven to pray for her.

8. Ginger says:

What a timely Psalm! Amen to that!!

9. Yes, the Lord is working still and He will win the battle!  ((((hugs))))

Praying for all and for your attorney as well.  (((Susanna)))

I hope you are recovering from your trip exhaustion and jetlag….

10. sabrina says:

Praying here too. Praying for your attorney as she faces the front lines. Although it may look like it, she is not alone.

11. Amy says:

Praying for sweet Katie, your family, your attorney, and all the children from Katie’s orphanage.  I think of all of you multiple times a day and have been praying whenever I think of you.  Your attorney is an incredible witness and I am praying God gives her much guidance, wisdom, and strength during this time that she is heavily under attack.  My heart hurts for Katie and the children in her orphanage.  I am so thankful that God brought you and your attorney in to shine a light on the situation.

12. Deanna Rabe says:

We will be praying for your attorney and for all the children.  God is doing a work….

13. Continuing to pray.  Adding your attorney to the list.

14. alice says:

And though this world, with devils filled,
    should threaten to undo us,
    we will not fear, for God hath willed
    his truth to triumph through us.
    The Prince of Darkness grim,
    we tremble not for him;
    his rage we can endure,
    for lo, his doom is sure;
    one little word shall fell him.

15. Grandma Sally says:

We love you, Katie Bird.

16. Monica says:

There is a candle burning in the Grotto at the University of Notre Dame for your intentions this morning.  With prayers, tears, and all best wishes for your growing family.