Ten beautiful seconds

August 9th, 2011

Oh, friends!  I have tried to be calm–haven’t I sounded calm??–but I truly think I will burst if I have to keep this to myself any longer!!!

If you want to see a video that includes ten beautiful seconds of our beautiful girl with her beautiful granny, and you can be trusted not to publicly link the video with our family, please use the Email Us button over on the sidebar, and ask!!!  I cannot post it here because the title includes the name of her town, and we’re only supposed to post pictures that were approved by the MOJ!

After watching it, you will understand…!

…why I can’t find words for exactly what this ten seconds does to my heart!

…why we are freshly overwhelmed with the kindness of the Lord, and asking why He has been pleased to pour out so many rich blessings onto us!

…why Katerina looks–oh my!–so much better than before she had a baba!

…why I have been distracted from my work and watched that ten-second snippet many dozens of times!

…why I love her baba with all of my heart and am praying that I will be allowed to meet her!

…and why we are sure that if we do meet, we will become fast friends!

Alert!  Spoiler ahead!

P.S.  For those who cannot see videos, or who would rather just read a description, her baba dressed her all up for the visitors, has a face that is kindness itself, and is so very, very affectionate with her, even giving her a kiss!  About a minute later in the video, we hear through the background noise, “Veronika’s baba would like you to take a picture of her because she’s sitting in a chair very sweetly!”

17 Responses to “Ten beautiful seconds”

1. Kimberly Zimmerman says:

Oh I could just hug and hug that dear baba!!!!  The medicine she has been to Katie!!!  Thank you, thank you God for your provision of this gift of love through her love and touch!!  I 150% agree 10 beautiful seconds!!!  I had to put up the picture you have of Katie here on this site and go back and forth to the video so that my family could see the difference this dear Granny has made!!!
    We out here in blog land are grateful for this beautiful ray of sunshine!!!

2. Kim Yeatts says:

Glorious!

3. Deanna Rabe says:

I watched it tonight, Susanna.  Katerina looks wonderful and that Baba!  She is beautiful….
    Wow so many needs….

4. Ginger says:

Oh my goodness, she is so precious! Katerina AND her baba. I watched just the part of Katerina and then had to go back and watch it all.
    Going to my knees with a heavy heart.

5. Debbie says:

What a privilage to see your Katerina!  Thank you for sharing.
    I wept through this video, makes me want to be a baba myself!!!  WOW what a needed program.
    Continuing to pray!

6. Bonnie says:

Saw it Sunday after we talked about it. Amazing-and wonderful that the grannys are making such a difference. I am so excited for you to finally getting to meet Katie. Praying for your health and hers-for Tony’s and your meeting with the director. Such exciting times for you. May God richly bless you in it all.

7. Marci says:

Susanna. I’m speechless. May the Lord BLESS you.

8. sabrina says:

Beautiful girl with her beautiful Baba. I pray you will get to meet her.
    How wonderful for the children to be able to get out of their BEDS! To sit in chairs and get pushed in strollers and be able to go OUTSIDE. Truly a wonderful blessing.

9. patti says:

hey friend, I’d love to see the video…my pc is not letting me click on the email us tab:)

10. Joy says:

I couldn’t email you with the link b/c I don’t know how the WordPerfect Mail thing works – are you able to PLEASE email the link to me?? I’d love to see.

Got you, Patti-friend!

Got you, Joy-friend!
    :) :) :)

12. Aunt Carol says:

Oh, Susanna.  She is such a precious little girl.  Am so glad she has her baba until you can take her home with you.

13. Lorie says:

could you please send me the video.  I’ve clicked on the e-mail me button and can’t get it to work.  Thanks.

14. Gail says:

Hey Susanna! I went back to the video–this time to focus on your Katie rather than my Daisey.  She looks wonderful!!!!  And her Baba looks so proud of Katie.  Her Baba is holding her up to the camera as if she is the most precious child in the world–and she is precious!  What a blessing!  Now, I just have to get myself to stop checking your blog every 20 minutes to see if you have posted anything new.  I guess I’m a little “overly excited” that you are actually going to be there soon!!!!!!! I’m praying!!!!!!

15. Mary Feigum says:

Susanna,
    Would love to see the video but it will not let me send an email through that link. Could you please email it to me too. God Bless, Mary

16. Amy Morris says:

I really would love to see the video. Praying for you. ~Amy