Taking it down

August 24th, 2011

Friends, I received a frantic request this morning from a certain friend in a certain country asking me to take out all references to the country, Satan, other “religiously fanatical” concepts, any personal names, the conditions in the certain institution I visited, etc, etc, and to only focus on our own adoption process on this blog.

This certain friend is receiving such a severe backlash that it is keeping important work from getting done.

I know you are already praying.  Thank you.

49 Responses to “Taking it down”

1. Beth says:

We will be praying. As good as it is to share it probably for the best to focus on Katerina’s adoption right now. If and when you are able I would love to hear, read, all about what may be going on. Right now you have to focus on getting her home and safe. Just know that you are being prayed for by others that you do not even know. What you and your family are doing is powerful. God will use it the way he wills it.
    You are in our prayers please keep us updated as possible on your adoption. One site (will not say full name) that I read has it right sometimes you have to make a difference for “that one” we may not be able to save everyone but focus on the one for now.

2. sabrina says:

praying…hard

3. Tricia says:

Yikes, it sounds very serious! Is it possible to make the whole blog private while you work on it? Absolutely praying here..

4. Blessed says:

Might I suggest that you do not DELETE the content, but only “hide” it?  (Move posts to “draft” status)  When this whole thing is done, it will be awesome to see the entire story, including what God has done.  BUT if you think putting it back up later would jepoardize other adoptions, then that is fine too–do whatever God is telling you to do.  I just don’t like the idea of deleting the story forever, even if you only keep it for yourself and your kids for the future.  It’s like giving The Deceiver one more victory, you know?

Praying!

5. Susan says:

Praying for you, your friend, the children, and all others affected in this matter….I hope you can return to your little girl swiftly and that all will go well during her adoption and with all adoptions upcoming in her country.

Susan in Ky

6. Beth in Atlanta says:

Hate to hear that.   The simplest thing may be for you to take the blog down temporarily or put up an ‘under construction’ page.   Don’t know if that would help the situation or make it worse.

Continuing to pray for EVERYONE involved.

7. Kendra says:

Susanna, I’m sorry…praying continuing…

8. Kendra says:

Susanna, may I suggest you copy your blogs somehow (not sure how these things work, perhaps you already have a copy) in case you ever want to write a book someday?  :-)

9. Shauna says:

hmm praying HARD since there is obviously a battle raging over there!  I was planning a blog post about the place….should I put it on hold for now?

10. Amy says:

Praying for you.

Shauna, please, nothing unless it is vague. Thank you so much for asking first.

12. Vicky says:

[Note from the administrator— The following commenter is hiding behind a fake email address.
    We allowed this one contrary to our usual policy concerning commenters hiding behind fake email addresses.]

You should make this your absolute number 1 priority if you want to continue with this adoption and not jeopardize the adoption of others from the country in question.  This needs to happen NOW, and not  “happen in between home educating and running a household, parenting, notarizing, apostilling, emailing, phone calling, medical appointments, therapy sessions, thank you note writing”
    Your blog of the situation while heart breaking read like a religious fanatical crusade and should any of the people in question be reading it, I would not be surprised by their anger towards you.

This is a system, albeit a broken and awful system, and you need to respect it and work within it and not call people names and liken them to “Satan” for goodness sake, if you want to achieve results.

13. Ginger says:

Still praying!

14. Kathleen says:

Susanna:  I also think it should be taken down as quickly as possible (can your husband help with that— tor another relative)?  I know this is the last thing you want to deal with- so frustrating.  I have been following your journey and praying for you and Katie and your family at home each step of the way.  What is the next step in the adoption process?  When will you be reunited with Katie???  Praying hard.  Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop here….

15. Mandy says:

Praying!

Yes, I’d ‘hide’ all posts in question and have all comments hidden (for only you to see-not shown publically). It should be quite easy to do those two things quickly.

16. Marilyn Osborn says:

I had this worry on my heart…..(((Hug))))  Prayers!!!!!!!

17. patti says:

I took the pics out that you told me, but maybe I should just take the posts down entirely?

I would at this point, Patti, I am so sorry. Thank you, friend.

19. Any says:

I have to wonder how they even know about your blog. I mean it is one small blog in a vast sea of the internet. I am still praying here as well. Please keep us updated, in a vague way of course!!

20. patti says:

no worries, praying!

21. Mandy (linemansgirl) says:

Continuing to hold everyone in the situation up in prayer.  (((((HUGS)))))

22. Angie says:

Prying! Praying! Praying!  for wisdom and strength.

23. Amy says:

Continuing to pray for all involved!  I have to kindly disagree with Vicky’s comment above though.  I totally understood where you were coming from with your wonderful blog posts and I found nothing offensive about any of them.  I am sure it was a huge challenge trying to figure out what to write and not write in order to help the other children in Katie’s orphanage.  People who are not Christians adopting children from very hard circumstances would have a much harder time understanding.  I would not expect them too either because only having an experience like what you are going through really allows people to understand.  I am thankful I got to read your blog before you had to take it down and I will not stop praying!

24. Robin says:

Susanna… there are no words to express what we feel on your behalf and hers… well not words that can be said now.
    We are standing in prayer with you! Trust in the King of Kings and wait upon Him. This is His battle and you and Joe are following faithfully. Stand strong and see His deliverance. It may not look exactly like we want it to but it will be better than we have hoped!
    Do not let anyone steal your joy and hope. He has changed hearts and opened eyes and this was all a part of a greater plan no matter what the outcome may be.
    You, Joe, your little bird (and the others in her nest), and ‘a certain friend’ are being held up to the Father and He hears our cries. He’s got this. Rest in Him and His power.

25. Coleen says:

I’m sorry that you had to take everything down! Could this
    attention cause any problems for your adoption? I hope not!
    Continuing to pray.

26. Rebecca asplendidtime says:

Praying for you all.

(((((((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))))))

27. Jane says:

Susanna,

I am a reader from California who is praying for Katie and your family and all the children each day.

For goodness sake, you are making the right decision.  Take all this down until you have sweet beloved Katie in your arms here in on your home.  No blog is worth losing this girl’s chance of being rescued.
    Love and deep prayers for you all…God is with you and will be triumphant.
    Jane, a mom in Los Angeles.

28. Christie says:

Tesney and Greg went through something very similar in adopting K from his country. PRAYING still, Susanna.

29. Sarah Scott says:

Your compassion has stirred my heart. I love the heart you have.Hold to what you know to be true (TRUTH) and rebuke the rest. In Him, Sarah

30. lisa says:

Though I have not previously commented, I have followed your blog daily since being introduced to it a few weeks ago, through a friend who is also in the process of adopting.  While I am sad that we will no longer be able to experience this journey through your eyes (at least not right now), I am thankful for the way you and others have stirred my heart with regard to the plight of international orphans.  I will continue to pray for you, your family, and your friend.  I am looking forward to the day I am able to see photos of your daughter’s homecoming!

31. allison H says:

I am so sorry :(

32. Heather McFarland says:

We will not cease praying for everyone.  My life and the lives of those close to me have been changed forever.  We have helped others here and there, but God has placed this so heavily on my heart we will be doing much more in the future.  Thank you.  We worship a God of miracles.

33. Monica says:

Praying for you and the adoption of your sweet baby girl!

Thank you for sharing. It has been a tremedous blessing and such an honor to pray for you and your family. I didn’t find it fanatical at all. ;)

God bless you as you continue to work to bring Katie home.

Monica in CA

34. April (justonemorebaby) says:

Continuing to pray. None of this surprises Him who holds her in His hands. ((hugs))

35. rhiannon says:

Praying for you and your family. You have done a great thing by publishing what you did and many peoples eyes were opened, I will keep praying for you everyday.

36. Rachel says:

praying continuously for your family, your friend and most especially your precious daughter.

37. Elizabeth G says:

Oh Susanna!

I am so sorry this hardship is hurting your heart. I want to encourage you to be strong of heart and know that you are doing a good work in all of this.

38. Deanna Rabe says:

Praying dear sister…

39. Amanda says:

Praying!

40. Lynn says:

Your reference towards the forces of darkness is completely biblical, and there should be no apology for that. And your decision to remove some posts in order to prevent backlash on the continuing good work done is a wise on. Your blog has truly opened our eyes, and awakened many to pray. Our battle is indeed not against flesh and blood…fanatical or not, that is the truth that a Christian holds on to. Keep your faith, sister. Our God is faithful.

41. sending all my love with (((HUGS))) and prayers

42. Danielle M says:

I feel that you have made the right decision in this instance.  Not that I think that your assessment of those involved is wrong or in any way fanatical.  This world  has certain “buzz words” and they are throwing them your way.  I so agree with the comment above that our fight is not against flesh and blood.  I am changed because of the pictures and descriptions you have posted.  It seems that thousands of eyes have been opened to the truth.  Taking down those posts, at least for now, will in no way erase the images off my mind.  I am praying that Katie comes home soon, and that she paves the way for many more little ones, just like her, to make their way home too.  “Praying for you.

43. Brooke says:

Susanna,

I’ve been following your blog for some time now and have never commented… YOU and your family are an inspiration to me. What you guys are doing is commendable – advocating is HARD and sometimes people can’t handle the truth. I can not wait to see your precious new daughter home in your arms! Praying for you all, all the time.

It was your blog that solidified the country we want to adopt from – so thank you! I am so grateful I found your blog a few weeks ago! Amazing, blessed people!

44. Beth says:

My son and I are still praying for you.

45. Rachel says:

I just wanted to chime in and say that all the blogs you posted are not against any rules I know of and what you saw needed to be shared. The other children who will be adopted because of your sharing information would not have found families otherwise. Change will come – both in people’s hearts and in that orphanage because of the photos you took and shared. Everything I read was respectful of your child’s country, even as it was honest in grief and anger at the condition of the children.

It needed to be shared. Thank you. Now – go focus on getting your girl home…

46. Marie says:

Praying…..for yours and all those in need over there….heartbreaking….. I showed the pics to my sis and told her how old you little one was and she could hardly believe it…..

(marienwoh on MOMYS)

47. Anna T says:

Praying and ((hugs))…

48. Melissa says:

I am praying hard, for the situation and all involved.