Pure JOY!!!

August 16th, 2011

There is so much I could be writing about today.  The story is happening faster than I am recording it, but when I have a choice between blogging or Skyping with my family, my family gets first place!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now.

I am not going to save the best for last, I am instead going to eat dessert first.

Yesterday, our attorney told the director that I wanted to meet Katerina’s baba.

The director told us that all the babas were on vacation for the whole month of August, so she was sorry, but I would not be able to meet Katerina’s baba.

My face fell to the floor.

I had not considered that I might not get to see her baba.  I had to see her baba.

I appealed to our attorney.

She told the director that I very much wanted to meet Veronika’s baba.

The director said she would contact the baba and see what could be done.  The director herself would not meet with us the second morning, as she had a meeting and would be out of the building.

Because the back entrance of the orphanage is too narrow for a wheelchair to enter, our attorney’s brother has to turn her wheelchair around backward and wheel her up the whole flight of steps to the front entrance.

So this morning, bump, bump, bump, we made our way slowly up to the top, one step at a time.

At the top, I glanced up to see a small woman standing outside the entrance…

…and OH!  The JOY when I saw the face of Katie’s baba!!!

This little woman is a ball of love!!!

I must run now and meet our attorney, so that we can leave for our afternoon visit, but I plan to come back after supper and get completely caught up with the writing, Deo volente.  There is so much more!

But first, friends…!  Words are not enough to thank you for the love and prayers that you are pouring out on us!  Thank you, thank you!!!

35 Responses to “Pure JOY!!!”

1. Kendra says:

More tears…so happy that you got to meet Katie’s baba! LOVE the pics, yes I could see them! Praying continually for you, Katerina and God’s hand to work FAST on Katie’s behalf. :)

2. Oh, happy tears here today, so glad you were able to meet Katie’s baba!!  She looks like a such a dear sweet lady and you can tell Katie loves her too.  ((((hugs))))  Look forward to hearing about the rest of your day!!

3. Coleen says:

I’m so glad you got to meet her! She looks like such a sweet person!

4. Misty says:

Rejoicing with you!  You can see the love on Katerina’s face.  Praying for you!!

5. sabrina says:

More tears. What an angel the Lord sent to pour love on your dear little one! What a blessing that you were able to meet her. Can’t wait to hear the rest!

6. Debbie says:

JOY, JOY, JOY!!!   Happy tears flowing.  What a love that baba is.  Katerina looks happy snuggled between the two of you!  Wonderful post!
    Praying still!

7. Becky says:

That’s fantastic Susanna!  Enjoy your sweetie!

8. Amy Morris says:

Praise God! I am so happy you got to meet her Baba and that the director was cooperative in contacting her. I look forward to hearing more. I keep envisioning what Katerina will look like when she is fed and loved on by your family. Praying that day comes soon.

9. Becky K. says:

Oh dear friend, I know how much you wanted this to happen!!!  See?  God is totally in control and hearing our prayers!  This will be so much comfort for you when you have to return for the short time until Katie gets to come home!!!!  We look forward to a time of prayer with Joe and the church family this evening.  I am so totally praying for a miracle that allows Katerina to come home even sooner than anyone could foresee.

10. Susanna,
    Lifting you, your husband, and that precious little lady up in my prayers.  You were so encouraging to me as I joined the Babycenter board when we adopted our little man with DS.  He’s Albanian but he was born here.  Thank you for being the hands and feet of Christ to those little ones who need it most.  My husband and I are  on the board of an adoption ministry and would love to help with any needs you have, just let us know!
    Love in Christ,
    Wendy

11. Mandy says:

That is so wonderful to hear that prayers were answered for you to be able to meet Katie’s Baba!!! She looks like she loves her :)

12. Christie says:

Oh, Susanna!!!!!  Such a blessing!  I cannot wait to see what you have to share with us next.  I am praying for you and sweet little Katie-bird.

13. Deanna Rabe says:

Wonderful!
    I am so happy you got to meet her!  And that the Lord brought her into Katie’s life!

14. Angiedawn says:

THis is wonderful to hear and I LOVE the picture of the 3 of you!!!!!!!

15. Felicity says:

How happy you must be!  I am so happy for you!  And I can’t wait to read more…

16. Caroline says:

Ohh! Susana we’re praying hard here for your family and for sweet Katerina to come home soon!!!!!

17. Amy says:

Oh, happy tears! SO glad you had the opportunity to meet Katerina’s baba!! Praying the love she is receiving will give her the strength to fight on and make it HOME to her loving family. Blessings!

18. Marilyn Osborn says:

Awww!!!!!!!  So many people praying, Susanna!  So MANY, MANY people!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep us updated!  ((((hug)))))

19. patti says:

oh Susanna, the biggest lump in my throat seeing that picture of Katie’s baba! Thank God He sent an angel of mercy to have been holding your sweet girl while you couldn’t. I am sure it is in direct answer to your prayers all these months. I am plotting my next trip to see you- because I have to give that beautiful baby a kiss. Love you, friend!

20. Missy says:

I praying for all of you.  Keep these posts coming as hard as it is – so many of us are focused on you and sending you lots of love, support and prayers.

21. Shari~hotfudgecustard says:

Yes, more tears here, too!  It seems that the Lord sent Katie a special baba who would really love her to life, not just “put in time”.  (I’m not assuming any of the others are mean-spirited, but this one seems extra special!)  It’s like we can see through the computer screen that God’s love, though the baba, is keeping Katie alive.  Praise the Lord!!!

22. Mommydue Brook says:

Susanna, we are praying for your sweet baby girl & the strength for you & your family.

23. Stephanie says:

What a gift for you both! Still praying. (Love your Latin!)

24. Aunt Erma says:

How exciting for you—to see God’s hand at work on behalf of you, your family, and of course, Katerina.   Perhaps the word godspeed is an appropriate prayer.   He’s already done it multiple times and will again.

25. Barb Murphy says:

Praise the Lord that Katie has spunk and the ability to laugh and love!  After yesterday’s difficult and emotional day, what a blessing to share time with this special baba today.  Continuing to pray that she will SOON be able to come home to the loving arms of your family.

26. What a blessing!  We are continuing to pray for Katerina and your whole family!  So looking forward to you having her home.

We brought Dariya home from Ukraine in July via RR!

27. Kim Yeatts says:

I was just wondering if you could bring her home, too.

28. Susan says:

This dear lady is why little Katie is still able to love and receive love. Bless both of them. Please tell Baba how many friends she has in the US, who appreciate so much the love she is giving Katie. That love is keeping this child alive….and is a wonderful blessing.

29. Joy says:

*Joyful tears!!* I LOVE that pic of her Baba kissing her!!  Oh, how PRECIOUS!!!! You can see the love she has for that sweet little girl!  And what an answer to prayer that pic of the 3 of you is!!!!

Thank you for serving us dessert first and not teasing us! :)

30. Yvonne Mahoney Richmond says:

I am following your story and very happy to read this update. I continue to hold you all in my heart and hope you and your sweet girl are home soon.

31. Suzanne says:

I am praying every time you pop into my mind, which is often.  Praying hard.  Love on that beautiful baby girl.

32. Heather McFarland says:

My mother always says that Satan works hardest when he is scared. I know he is running away now. We have a daughter with DS and are familiar with many adoption stories but yours has captured my soul. You and your family have been in my constant prayers. I do not doubt for one second that He has great things in store. In the name of Jesus may our Righteous Heavenly Father build a fortress around you, your sweet darling and those who will continue to love and care for her. All night I prayed that the Lord would hold this precious baby in His very arms….Praise the Lord!

33. Libby says:

To see joy in the midst of such darkness…HE is at work.  Praying for you and sweet Katie and sending lots of love.

34. Sarah Scott says:

Just wanted to tell you that a group of strong prayer warriors- ten of us- sat and prayed over your family and Katarina by name. We covered those precious oprhans in prayer tonight- hurting and alone. The Lord hears and answers!

35. Anna T says:

YEA!!  So very happy for you and the plan that Jesus had in place for you to meet Katerina’s Baba (I LOVE the precious picture of the two of them!)!  We are all doing well here and enjoying our time together : ) !!  ((Hugs)) and many prayers!!