God has done a miracle in this place.

August 18th, 2011

Within the first fifteen minutes of arriving in this country, I sensed a heaviness weighing down onto my spirit.  Sometime during that evening, I remembered through a fog that we had prayed that God would send help to the whole orphanage, not just to our baby.

The whole orphanage?  Had we really prayed that?  It feels kind of crazy now.  What were we thinking?  That’s a lot of children.  Impossible.  Why weren’t we just coming in to get our own baby like normal people?  Why would we imagine anything more could be done?  We are getting too big for our britches, I tell you.

I turned and looked back in the direction of retreat.  But there was a barrier in that path.

I pulled my little Bible out…

…and within a few verses…

“If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.  Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter.”

…God opened my eyes to the tactics of the enemy.  My discouragement was the work of the enemy, beating on me while I was in a weakened state like the coward he is.  He wanted me to feel overwhelmed and foolish and give up before trying.

Yes, of course our strength is small!  But the power of our God is without limit.  He is our strength for us!

On Monday morning, God set me before the director, and said, “Now.”  I sat and smiled into the director’s eyes and asked her the questions I had prepared for her.

“We care about more of the children here than just our girl.  We care about all the other children with special needs in this orphanage.  What must be done to make them all available for adoption?  Is there anything we can do to help?”

She shook her head and explained that it was impossible.  All had already been done on her side.  It was someone else’s responsibility to do the rest.  She could do nothing more.  All had been done.

God’s people pled with Him boldly and God has answered by showing what He can do.  This morning, He amazed us again.  He again brought the director out to the car to say more words that did not come from her.  God has swept open the first set of doors that are keeping the least of these children captive.

God did a miracle in the midst of the enemy’s stronghold, and this orphanage will never be the same again.

But please, please do not stop praying for our attorney!  She is extremely drained from the intense drama that has been playing out before us this week.  The demands on her have just increased.  This precious woman is on the front lines right where the action must happen next, and the enemy knows it.  He is up to his usual dirty tricks, beating on her while she is in a weakened state, throwing up obstacles, telling her of all the impossibilities.  Please keep praying for her as she fights through the maddening red tape and government inertia that the enemy loves to put to evil use once all the drama passes through town and things settle down to long, hard work.  He will not let these children escape his clutches without a fight.

Please pray that God would pour His strength into and through her weakness.

Please pray that God will raise up parents for the nearly fifty children with special needs here who will need families to come forward to love them with the love of Jesus.

The enemy sneaks around and wins hearts that have been lulled back to sleep.

I will not stop pleading with the Lord to break the hearts of His people and open their mouths to say “Yes,” to Him, no matter what.

O Lord, You can do this thing!

We need to be extremely cautious.  I cannot post the pictures of the other children right now!  I must be vague in how I tell this part of the story!

But God has opened up the doors to let these oppressed ones go free.

Praise His name.

“…He shall gather the lambs in His arms…and carry them in His bosom…”

26 Responses to “God has done a miracle in this place.”

1. Libby says:

Praying for a tidal wave of prayers, of changed hearts, and of strength.

2. Carrie says:

I am so thankful God has given you the determination and means to help this child. I was shocked when you said she was 9 years old! I can’t wait to see more updates.

3. Marilyn Osborn says:

Praying, friend!!!!!!!  Those pictures took my breath away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ((((((hug)))))))))  Thank you so much for sharing so many things in your blog!  He is being MAGNIFIED!!!!!!!!!

4. Lauren says:

Thank you for answering God’s call!
    Praying without cease.

5. Lauren says:

Also, in case you haven’t seen yet, over 11,000 dollars have been raised so far for Liliana today. Praise God!

6. Stephanie Blanchard says:

Hoping and praying!!!!  Brandon and I talked about how this was going to be bigger than just Katerina and your family.  Guess we had no idea what that really meant huh?

7. Coleen says:

Just amazing! I am not getting much done this week other than checking your blog! I love the picture of Katerina looking at you!

8. allison H says:

Praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying!!!!!!! Praying!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Mandy says:

Praying they will be able to get all the special needs children listed available for adoption ASAP! Maybe ours are there waiting for us? I’d ;ove it if they had to close the orphanage completely because ALL the children found forever families!

Thank you so much for being willing to be used by God and for your honesty in sharing what you are seeing. You’ll be forever changed.  I can’t wait to see how this all turns out…

Praying for strength for Toni as well and that doors will continue to open!

10. There just are no words (((HUG))) This last week you and Toni have fought the good fight for all of the children in that orphanage. Praising God for all that was acomplished in His holy name. Children WILL be freed.

11. Amy says:

Wow. Praying! God is moving in a BIG way on behalf of these helpless ones. The picture of you & Katerina looking at each other is beautiful. It is obvious you belong to each other.

12. sabrina says:

So thankful that God is moving mountains!
    How is Katerina doing? Has she made progress in the time you’ve spent with her?
    That last picture is precious.

13. Betsy says:

Praying without Ceasing! God’s Will Be Done!

14. Susan says:

Liliana’s account is now past $14,000, as of 9:36 pm EDT Thursday night. Blessings to you especially, and to all who are being the hands of Christ in the World for these children.

Sending good wishes for peaceful and renewing rest for both you and Toni, as you continue on this remarkable journey to change lives…and hearts.

Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 from U.

15. Ashley says:

I’m praying for you, your sweet girl, the situation, and your family back home.  It has encouraged my spirit to see read that you are seeing God move.  I pray that you continue to rest in him, in his strength, in his wisdom, and in his peace.

16. Ilisa says:

I am all caught up and in pain tonight.  I admit it is all hard to read and see but mostly because those sweet children should not be mistreated.  They should be held, sung to, laid in warm bedding, loved, fed nutritious meals, played with, etc etc….

17. Cara says:

Oh my, I will pray.

Thank you for your service to the King!

Love you all,
    Cara Coffey

18. April (justonemorebaby) says:

I am continuing in prayer. That picture of your sweet little girl looking at you is breathtaking.

19. Jen Dawn says:

Praying BIG!!!  The picture of her looking at you is incredible! Hugs and strength in God to you!

20. patti says:

You know we are praying, dear friend. PLEASE email me if you need anything. Love you.

21. Jen Dawn says:

Just made a donation for your beautiful girl and also made one to Liliana–God Bless– am praying, praying, praying.  Am grateful God has opened my eyes to what is going on with these beautiful children who have some extra special needs.

22. Christie says:

PRAYING SUSANNA!!!!!

23. Lori says:

God’s Power perfected in weakness – I am praying that you feel the assurance I have in being a witness to this!!  Praying for all of you!!

24. Anna T says:

Wow… I’m adding Toni to my prayers as she will be on the ground negotiating/working through the specifics…  I love the last picture where Katerina is looking at you and appears to be reaching up to touch your face, very sweet…

25. Jessi says:

Praying!  Bless you for allowing God to use you, for the work you have done to rescue these little ones.  Praying EVERY ONE will be coming home very soon.