Preliminary bulletin from Bulgaria

July 23rd, 2011

Q:  I’ve lost track of where you are in the process.  Can you remind me again of what’s coming next?

A:  We are waiting for our verbal referral from Bulgaria’s Ministry of Justice (MOJ).  The verbal referral is basically the MOJ saying “this child goes to that family.”  Toni, our Bulgarian adoption attorney, has told us that the MOJ has to meet to issue this referral, and that they usually meet on a Friday, or occasionally on a Wednesday.  Toni has assured us that she is doing all in her power to expedite this, and that the MOJ does put priority on adoptions of children in poor shape like our girl is.  We’ve also heard that Toni is well-liked and well-respected by the MOJ.  As she is by everyone else who knows her!

There is a possibility that they met yesterday to issue this referral for us.  Yesterday was the first Friday since the MOJ received our dossier.

After we get that verbal referral, we can make travel plans for our first trip, although we have to receive our written referral before we can actually travel.

Last night before I went to bed, I emailed Toni to ask how long it would take for us to get the news if the MOJ had issued our referral yesterday.  (I don’t mind bugging her, because she seems to see it as a healthy sign!)

And this morning I found her answer–

“I will call on Monday to find out if your verbal referral was issued. Then I will e-mail you immediately. It is usually about 3 weeks to get the written official referral. When I call them on Monday I will ask them too when I can have you here. I want you here ASAP :)!”

Since Bulgaria is seven hours ahead of us, we won’t look for another email from Toni until after ten o’clock on Monday morning.  I am preparing my heart to hear that we did not receive that referral yet.  Just in case God is saying, “Wait.”

So until next time…how about…

…yet another way to keep four little speeding bullets…

[John Michael, aka Jonamac or Mac]

[Peter, aka Petropolis or Sweeter, who we are currently watching for further symptoms of Lyme]

[James, aka Jem or Jamesy]

[Stephen, aka–I blush to say–Esteban, Oat-steban, Oatie, Oatie-boatie, Stephen-Oat *ahem*]

…as I was saying, yet another way to keep speeding bullets occupied when it’s dangerously hot and humid outdoors and air-conditioned indoors…

P.S.  That was for those of you who might be surprised to learn that we sometimes give our little ones permission to run in the house, jump on the couch, and slide down the steps.  Unorthodox stuff like that.  <grin>

12 Responses to “Preliminary bulletin from Bulgaria”

1. JenK says:

Praying for you!  Lol, I’m totally shocked and amazed!  I thought my kids were the only ones who thought jumping on the couch was the best time ever!  ;)

2. Angiedawn says:

Well I am definitely one of the suprised ones! LOL Loved these pictures!

Tee hee hee, Angie, I was thinking about you!!

4. Denise says:

LOL-  yes I was too VERY surprised!!  :)

Lymes??  We will be praying– I missed that if you posted about that before.

Love seeing pics of your family— so cute!!

Jen, I don’t know why the Momys from afar think I am stuffy! :D

Denise, we highly suspect it, b/c we’ve had it in the family before, but it needs to manifest itself a second time before we do the testing. Thank you for praying! We’re praying that if he has it, that God will reveal it. Lyme is such a sneaky creature. Did you hear about Sandie’s Aaron? :(

6. Ginger says:

I’m not shocked or amazed. I never thought you were stuffy. :D  Does that make you feel better? hehe
    I wanna see a pic of your table. We’ve outgrown our table; I want ideas. Please, please with a cherry on top!

Haha, it gets better; we are seriously considering buying a family cow and some chickens. 8O

Ginger, we bought it secondhand from an Amishman and we keep all six leaves in it at all times. It is big and sturdy, but not pretty. Suits us just fine! There’s a pic of it here decorated the way we like it best – with people :) : http://theblessingofverity.com/2010/12/to-our-great-cloud-of-witnesses/

8. Becky K. says:

Wow!  They were having so much fun.  Love those pics.
    I posted about adoptions in [Katie’s country] (little as I know), Linked to you….because you are my resident expert….and shared a bit about Teri Lynn after stealing a photo from your post.  I’m also participating in an auction to help Shannon…BaruchsLullaby…to bring home two little ones from [that same country].  It is in the post, as well.

Thank you for opening my eyes to the needs.

9. I let Xander jump on my bed ALL.THE.TIME.  Little boy energy has to be let out!

Becky, THANK YOU for posting. Bless you!

How in the WORLD did you hear about Shannon??

11. Shari~hotfudgecustard says:

Well.  I never!  [huff]

Just kidding!!  ;-)  What was the cute phrase your kids say while jumping on the bed?  Something your older ones made up and taught everyone else coming along?

I have a surprise for your older girls when I get a chance to get to the post office.  Tee Hee!!!!!!

Shari, you have an incredible memory!

“YIE, yie, aBUNdance, JUMP for JOY!!”