Purposeful release

June 7th, 2011

Verity is learning to let go.  On purpose, that is.

So is her mama.

We have tried a couple of different tricks to encourage her to develop this necessary skill.  We had her hold a toy in each hand, and then we offered her a third toy that she really likes.  That sort of worked, but she wasn’t really letting go so much as grasping for the next object.

Then we discovered something she doesn’t approve of.

At all.

Prickly pine cones.

Here she is checking to see if it still feels bad to her fingers.

Last evening, Joe and I reviewed the Very Important Letter from the attorney of the Unnamed Important Person.  We replied with one suggested change, one simple line, one statement that I knew would satisfy US Immigrations.

This morning the U.I. Person responded that he was “fairly certain” that they would not be able to make that change.

To which I replied, “…then we have done all we can do and we are pinning all our hopes on the mercy of God.

Thank you so much, and God’s will be done!”

Sovereign God, it’s time for me to let go of this and give it to You.  I do so purposefully, and gladly.

And now we’re taking our lunch and oldest clothes, and heading to Fishing Creek for the afternoon!

9 Responses to “Purposeful release”

1. Robin says:

I thought this might bless you in your circumstances as much as it did me…  http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/node/13546
    Praying and trusting with you!

2. MommyScott (christina) says:

Letting go is the hardest thing to do in this life, but there is nothing that brings more freedom.  I am continuing to pray for you, that God would continue to give you the courage to keep letting go and freely allowing Him to receive the glory.

3. Becky K. says:

Just hearing your story on Sunday I know some of what God has brought you through to this point.  I see where the faith comes from.  He has been faithful, so faithful… and you have always given Him the glory.  Praying…and….
    Holding onto hope!

4. Stephanie says:

Again, your grace amazes me.  I’m not so good at letting go.  I’m the silly kid with the round peg trying to cram it in the square hole, getting more and more frustrated by the second.

Praying that the One we love and serve continues to make this journey possible. We are praying hard tonight.  ((HUGS))

PS: My fingerprinting cards were found this morning.

5. sabrina says:

Still praying that Our Mighty God will level this mountain.

Stephanie, I am so thankful to hear that your fingerprint cards were found! Praise God!

And…I am NOT good at letting go, and it is God’s grace that is so amazing. You see grace in me? It is from God. Just ask any of my brothers and sisters, or my dad, who have known me from a child. I am afraid I am not being faithful with this story if I am coming off as amazing.

7. Marilyn Osborn says:

Still reading and praying, friend.  Still believing the Lord is at work and that we will continue to see His glory.  Praying and believing with you!

8. Stephanie says:

You are being faithful with the story and you have far more wisdom stored up than you realize. :)  Of course, I see Him.. but I also see you!  Praying mightily again tonight.  Email me if you need to share more details, I’m on a MOMYS break.

Thank you for asking, I’d love to! Or if you still have my numbers and want to call, that’s great, too; I can’t find yours!