You make level the way of the righteous!

February 2nd, 2011

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

This morning, Lifeline adoption agency APPROVED OUR APPLICATION!!!!!!!!!!!

From their email, “We feel positive and want to proceed with your application.”

Oh THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!!

So–out of that dark waiting room and on to the next task!

Tomorrow morning at 10 o’clock, our home study social worker plans to come for the home visit.  She has explained that she will be speaking with each of the oldest five children (Joseph down to Jane), and asking them how they feel about this adoption.  She will also do a “walk-through” of the house, and let us know of any issues that need to be addressed.

I felt perfectly calm and peaceful about this visit until about suppertime last night, when a wall of nervousness suddenly hit me broadside!  Aaaack!  Will we be ready?!  And…and…the little boys are getting runny noses!

Some wonderful online friends ministered to me in my weakness by reminding me of a few truths I needed to hear!

I am parking on this passage~

“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.  Trust in the LORD forever, for in Jehovah, the LORD, is everlasting strength.”

After that home visit, at 1:30 pm tomorrow, Joe and I have a telephone appointment with the social worker from Lifeline for a “welcome call and orientation interview,” which is the standard first step after approval.

Then on Friday, we are planning for the children to stay with our good friends while Joe, Verity and I take the commitment papers first to AAA to have them notarized, then to Harrisburg to have them apostilled (receive the State seal).  We plan to drive from there to meet Stephanie halfway to her home, and hand her the papers before heading back home.  She plans to make copies, then FedEx them to our girl’s country with $1300 for our attorney’s fee, IF God provides that $1300 by then!

It will probably take a few days for the paperwork to get to our attorney, then four more days for the official commitment process to take place in that country.

The long and the short of it is–IF all goes as planned, we COULD be officially committed to this little girl by the end of next week, and would then be free to post her pictures here on the blog!  I don’t know yet whether we’ll be allowed to use her real name, or if we’ll be limited to using the name we have chosen for her.

Today we are working on being ready for tomorrow’s home visit.  Joe is working steadily on the bathroom, and it is looking good!  I hope to take and post pictures this afternoon…

…after…

…I take Joseph for his driver’s test!!!

Whew!  Further down in the Isaiah passage I quoted above~

“The path of the righteous is level; You make level the way of the righteous.

In the path of Your judgments, O LORD, we wait for You; Your name and Your remembrance are the desire of our soul.”

12 Responses to “You make level the way of the righteous!”

1. Shauna says:

Praise the Lord!  I will be praying for your strength and peace of mind.  You can have mine I don’t need it anymore, I’m ready to crash and sleep for two days straight :)

2. Erin says:

My heart overflows with joy and Thanksgiving to our Lord. He is mighty and merciful! …

3. Danielle M. says:

Wow!!What a few busy days you will have, but what wonderful outcomes.
    I will keep you all in my prayers!

4. Ilisa says:

Wonderful wonderful news!  Clearly this is meant to be!

5. sabrina says:

Wonderful news on getting approved. Praying all goes well with your home study. Post when it’s over and let us know how it went!

6. Stephanie Blanchard says:

YIPPEEEEEEEE Jesus!  Thank you Father for illuminating the way that Joe and Susie should walk this path.  Please strengthen Joe and Susie as they prepare for their homestudy, give them extra endurance to complete the neccessary tasks.  Lord, heal the little boys!  Give their friends extra patience and allow the younger children to be extra obedient while Joe and Susie take care of this important paperwork.  Lighten the traffic.. I pray for traveling mercies as they make their way!  Allow Joe, Susie and Verity to be a light to the governement officials that they come in contact with.  In Your Son’s most precious name, Amen!

7. Anna T says:

To God be the glory always!  How very exciting that things are moving so smoothly — yea!!  I’m praying for you!!

8. Praise God! This is such wonderful news! (((HUG)))

9. Susanna, this is wonderful news to read this morning!!!!  Rejoicing with you and praising the Lord!!  I praying all goes well today with the visit, I know you have less than an hour until then.  Just prayed that the Lord is filling you and family with peace and His Presence.  ((((hugs))))
    You have a busy day tomorrow!!  pray all goes well, I hope you can update after today’s visit and also I’m looking forward to meeting your Toni!!

10. Marilyn Osborn says:

I’ve been praying for you today.  I couldn’t get you off my mind this morning.  :)  I can’t wait to hear how things are going!

11. Pam Perrone says:

Susanna,

I am so happy that you and Joe were approved ! Your head must be swirling ! Hoping tomorrow goes well for you and that the little boys stay healthy !

12. Rebecca ~asplendidtime says: