Praying today…

January 10th, 2011

Two weeks ago, when I talked with the director of the home study agency we hoped to use, she asked a few basic questions and stated that she would not take us on as long as we were working toward being approved to adopt two children.

We talked for a long time, and when our conversation was finished, we were left with a sliver of hope that she might consider us after all, but we haven’t received a final answer.

Now we are ready to move forward with the home study process, and I have a call in to that same agency to find out whether they are willing to work with us.

I know that some of you have been faithfully praying for our family.  Would you please pray for favor with this agency?

Thank you so much, friends.  May HIS will be done.  I will let you know what happens…

[Edited later to add two things!

One is, if I haven’t updated, could you keep praying?  That means we haven’t gotten an answer yet.

And two, the home study agency’s job is to ensure that adoptive parents are qualified.  There is a huge amount of space for personal perspectives among social workers.  Some people see large families as assets, some see them as liabilities.  A majority of people in our culture automatically view them negatively.  But we hope and pray that all along our adoptive path, the powers that be will examine our family closely with open minds, rather than seeing us through the lens of whatever previous prejudices they may have had about large families.  God has done that before and He can do it again if He wants to!]

13 Responses to “Praying today…”

1. sabrina says:

PRAYING!!!

2. Stephanie says:

praying , of course. But i don’t understand why they wouldn’t take you on if you were considering adopting two. I’m not familiar with anything about home studies. if there such a difference in home studies for a multiple adoption?   I hope i don’t sound ignorant, just curious.

3. Mary Feigum says:

Hello,

a friend told me about your blog in august as my son was born with down syndrome in july. It has taken me this long to find it and read it. We also have gone through many of the same struggles such as open heart surgery and breastfeeding chanllenges, failed hearing tests and so on. I however did not know about Oles down syndrome until he was born at 36 weeks by emergency c-section. He stopped moving and by the time I went into get it checked out he scored 0 on a 1 to 10 point ultrasound. he is a miracle. he is our 6th son. I want to enjoy him and I consider him an amazing gift from god. It is good to read your blog and your struggles and know that we are not alone. I love hearing about how verity is doing. Sincerely Mary Feigum

4. Scott says:

YEs, of course praying, until you have an answer….

5. Marilyn Osborn says:

Praying for favor.  We saw the Lord open doors for us in our journey.  I am confident He will open His path for you clearly as well.

6. Jennifer says:

praying (((hugs)))

7. Rebecca ~asplendidtime says:

Praying.  The Lord is good, may His will be done!  I am so excited to hear what He will do!

((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))

8. Scott says:

Still praying…

9. Stephanie Blanchard says:

I’m still praying!!!!!!!  (Yes… even at 2:57am!)

10. Scott says:

Still praying…

Thank you so much for praying! We’re still waiting and praying, too!