How beautiful

January 11th, 2011

Dear Merle and Kim,

Today in your Bath Barn you met with a couple who may have seemed a bit uncertain.  They may have looked to you like they had no experience in a showroom dedicated entirely to putting beautiful bathrooms together.  If so, you are right!  That was a first for them.

Here’s what you looked like to us.  You looked like a couple who loved Jesus so much that you would eagerly put thousands of dollars into helping a family prepare to welcome two small orphans with special needs. You know those two little ones have gone far too long without a family to love them and care for them, and a family will mean the difference between life and death to them.  Your showroom is lovely, but what we saw was the love in your hearts, powered by the Holy Spirit.

How beautiful.

Thank you.

Love in Jesus,

Joe and Susanna

6 Responses to “How beautiful”

1. Kim says:

Sending you a song through email. It makes me think of not just these people, but your family, too.

Thank you, Kim! Every time I hear that song, it reminds me of one of our friends, a former youth group member, who signed the song as she sang it. Still makes me choke up to picture it. :)

3. Kimberly Zimmerman says:

Thank you for the beautiful post!  It was very special    However, you know that we are only “one part of the body”…..it takes the entire body — so we are so grateful to you, Joe and your family for your willingness to follow God’s leading and opening your arms and hearts fully to welcome and love “the least of these”!  We love you for it! :)  P.S. Chatting with you and holding sweet, sweet Verity was the highlight of my day!! :)

And I am still kicking myself that I forgot the camera–we missed a neat pic!  *kick, kick!*

5. Stephanie Blanchard says:

Ohhhh this journey just gets better and better as we watch expectantly!  *SQUEAL!*

6. Amy says:

How wonderful! Those notes made ME tear up! Praise the Lord for His provision and for His saints!!! Love the pic of Verity eating her toes! :)