Joy-baby

December 2nd, 2010

Sweetest Verity,

Before you came to our family, we didn’t know what we were missing.

You know you have nine big brothers and sisters.  We love babies.  We were used to babies.

But when God made you inside of me, He decided to surprise us with an extra gift!  He gave you a little extra ‘something’ that He didn’t give your brothers and sisters.

Sure enough, even before you were born, we started noticing that He was sending more along with you!

More celebration, more thankfulness, more compassion, more laughter, more thought, more gentleness, more excitement, more beauty, more patience, more understanding, more joy.

More love!  So much love that having you is like being on a super LOVE adventure!

It’s all good.

I will tell you a little secret that most people would never guess.

When God gave you to us, He gave us a perfect baby.

It’s true!

You are perfectly what God made you to be.  Perfectly what we need.

We are so happy that God picked us to be your family!

We will do our very best to teach you all we can, Verity.  We will teach you to read, so you can read the Bible.  We will teach you how to be a young lady.  We will teach you that you have Up syndrome.  We can hardly wait to find out all you can learn to do.

Most of all and best of all, we want to show you Jesus!!

Verity Joy, we love you, our little joy-baby from God.

9 Responses to “Joy-baby”

1. Ilisa says:

Thanks Susanna for your reply to the therapy post.  I just re-read it all and I think that what I need to learn is what to do with Calvin!  His OT is coming on Monday and has not been out in a month due to OHS and before that was only out every other week.  Did you learn this stuff from the therapist and the Woodbine books?  I do not have those yet but plan to soon.  Do not feel like you need to worry about people’s reactions to your posts.  When I felt like that it kicked my rear into gear so I know I need to get going.  I admit I’m still feeling like I wish it would all just easily come to Calvin!  I truly appreciate that post because it has given me ideas and knowledge.  Thank you!  Oh, and I can relate to that older sibling stuff, I have 6, 2 older, 4 younger.  I was one of the helpers :)  I love big families :)  Take care.

Ilisa, yes, the Woodbine Gross Motor book, other books, both the OT and PT (they come every other week, too, unless there’s sickness in the house), and bits of information/advice I’ve received from other moms and online sources, and some I’ve come up with on my own. I really recommend the Gross Motor book–I’d gladly loan you mine but it is worth having your own, imo. I think you will find it motivating to actually have the knowledge of what his next goals are and how to help him reach them, because you will get SO much more satisfaction just being aware of his progress and what it took to get there! :D

3. Marilyn Osborn says:

What a precious post!  That video is sooooo sweet!  I just love to hear your voice as you play with her!
    The UP comment made me GRIN!  I love that!  She IS so precious!

4. Angiedawn says:

Susanna this made my absolutely CRY.

5. Joy Horton says:

Um, I was going to comment on what you wrote but I’m in a “Verity daze” after seeing that video!!!!!! It’s going to take me a while to come to!

Thank you for posting that! Her laugh is out-of-this-world adorable!!!!!!! (off to watch it again and again and again . .  )

6. allison (christianmomoflots) says:

So precious!

7. Alice says:

love her laugh!

8. Jessica (janns) says:

What a sweet giggle!!

9. Tori says:

that is the SWEETEST video! oh I just want to hug her up and kiss her face! so sweet! :)