I’m PREGNANT! (re-announcement)

December 18th, 2010

With a paper pregnancy!!!

We got a positive on our adoption pregnancy test!

[Sorry if I nearly gave you a stroke!  Hehehe.]

While we are aware that there are NO guarantees, just as there are no guarantees with a biological pregnancy, we are celebrating, rejoicing, marveling, and thanking God for doing the impossible!

After writing our adoption update, I got some feedback that informed me that our announcement was so long, so subdued, and had so many unnecessary, cryptic, and confusing details, that the message did not get through!  Especially for folks who are busy with Christmas preparations!  So I re-wrote it here!

And I renew my invitation to those of you who know that you are our trusted friends.  You want more details?  I will LOVE giving them to you!

P. S.  I am also announcing a new Question-and-Answer Day here on Verity’s blog!  If there are questions you’ve wished you could ask us, please do, and if they are deemed appropriate, ahem, I will periodically do my best to address them!

19 Responses to “I’m PREGNANT! (re-announcement)”

1. Angiedawn says:

Now THAT got the point across!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I am so happy for you!SOOOOO very excited about this and I will be watching constantly for updates on your journey!

I would love to hear more details but I am not so sure that I apply for the “close friend” title lol. I know you are one of my favorite on-line friends! :)

2. sabrina says:

Congratulations!!!

Thank you, friends! :D

Angie, consider it done!  You will love this!

4. Stephanie says:

congratulations!!! Waiting for more good news!

5. Jessica (janns) says:

Now that got my attention!! :) Congratulations!! I would love to hear more details but I don’t know if I count as a “close friend”. If not, I understand. I’ll eagerly look for the details that you are able to share.

6. Jennifer says:

Congratulations!  It is so wonderful that this is happening for you all!  Adoption has been on my heart for awhile, but so far God hasn’t impressed it on dh at all.  Although, the other day, he did an ambulance call that involved an adopted boy who had only recently been adopted, and dh said that got him thinking about adoption.  So who knows what the future holds!?  I’m so happy for you and your family, congratulations!

7. Kim says:

I wanna hear!!  :)

8. Marilyn Osborn says:

My heart is swelling with JOY for you!  I can remember that impossible-to-fully-describe feeling that I had.  The wonder.  The waiting.  The knowledge that there was a living, breathing soul on the earth who was waiting for US to come and get her!  It makes me tear up all over again.  I shared with my daughter about your plans and she is OVERJOYED.  She is 10 now and is so excited to hear of your love for the orphan.  God is so GOOD!

9. Misty says:

Not sure if I commented the first time or not….Congratulations!  Great way to get your announcement across =)  I am so happy for you.  You have been a wonderful encouragement to me and I hope things go smoothly for you!   Paper pregnancy….literally the gestation period of an elephant!!

10. Cole says:

Yay for your beautiful family! What a joy! Can’t wait to follow along!

11. Shari~hotfudgecustard says:

We get it now!  : D  So happy for you and this new kind of pregnancy you’re being blessed with.  I’m looking forward to hearing more as the journey unfolds.

12. Erin says:

overjoyed for you! can’t wait to hear all about it and follow this Faith Journey! Verity is one blessed little girl!

13. Shauna says:

Yay…I did get it the first time:)  I want to help with your adoption fund however that will be set up for you.  Through RR or travel expenses or whatever.

Thank you, Shauna! Wow! THANK YOU! *tears*

Kim, please tell my sister I approve you and she can tell you what she deems best! I hope we get to meet someday, too!

“Done.” :)

17. Melissa says:

Hi! I think we have a mutual friend, her name is Jill and she told me about your blog on Saturday. So, I come to check it out and find out you are adopting! Yay! Can’t wait to find out who the sweetheart is. I will be reading along from now on :)

18. Catherine (virogirl) says:

Yay! So glad I stopped by here today :-)