I can’t resist…

December 15th, 2010

…popping back in here to tell you that another large family read this morning’s blog post and emailed me to say, “Add us to the list!”  They are also pursuing the adoption of a child with Down syndrome!  We are watching God work!!

10 Responses to “I can’t resist…”

1. Anna T says:

: )  !!  Today I received a call from our local Down Syndrome (Ds) Association President and she knows of a family locally that is very interested in adopting a baby with Ds — yea!!  They already have the home study completed and are not 100% certain where to go after this step.  I forwarded some links and information to them.  For International Adoption I sent Reece’s Rainbow, however, Susanna, I believe that you know of another agency?  Would you be so kind as to send me the name of the other agency?  Please send me an e-mail if that’s easier for you, or, answer here, either is fine…  Jacob has his 1st ear infection (poor baby).  The only way we discovered it was when he went for his audiologist baseline screening and his tymps were flat and he didn’t respond to the startle test…  I’m praying that Verity and Jacob are soon feeling better!!  Thanks for your help!!

2. Ginger says:

BTW, please go to my Best Of tab on my blog and check out the blogpost titled: Money, Money, Money.
    God graciously gave us over $26,000 towards the adoption of our three Africans. That blogpost lists how specifically.
    God always provides for his orphans.

3. Stephanie says:

Could any of these be a family for Olga???

Anna, that is WONDERFUL!

Are you thinking of Rainbow Kids? It’s not an agency, like RR is not, but it works with many agencies.

That is on my mind, too, Stephanie, believe me!!

I will, Ginger!

7. Joan Crick says:

Susanna,
    Are you familiar with Brittany’s Hope? It is a foundation based out of Elizabethtown started by David and Candy Abel. The foundation gives grants to aid in the adoption of older children and those with special needs. Certainly worth checking out if you haven’t already! (I guess it’s pretty similar to Reece’s Rainbow)

8. Anna T says:

Thanks Susanna, I have checked out Rainbow Kids.

Yes, Joan! I was looking into lots and lots of adoption grant foundations about a month ago and found that online. I was so startled and amused to see that it was right there in E-town!

10. Tami Ann says:

It’s very disturbing to think of autism ever becoming possible to detect during utero.  It’s very troubling to think of how many more babies would not be giving the opportunity to be born.  We shouldn’t neglect the increase abortions brings in a generation of guilt ridden depressed women unable to be functional in their homes and society.  When I read many many blogs of women who have had abortions and live to regret that decision (many who don’t even know the Lord yet feel the burden of guilt) it’s stifling.