In just one day…

November 10th, 2010

It’s hard for me to believe that twenty-four hours ago I was writing this morning’s post!

So who was praying that Verity would speed up?  It wasn’t me.  I was prepared for at least another month of slow progress!  (I had Christmastime in my mind as a reasonable expectation.)

Please know that God has decided to answer your request with a YES!

Through this one day, today, from this morning until tonight, not the long-age day, but the young-earth creationist day, Verity went from four ounces at fifteen minutes per ounce to five ounces at an incredible five minutes per ounce!!!

Just like that, we’re back to half-hour feedings!  Astounding!

(Now we can work from needing all the extra equipment to just plain ol’ nursing!  Yay!)

Thank you, friends, for praying!  And thank you, God, for your answer!

I took these today to show you our papoose.

Bundled up and ready to nurse.  She knows what’s coming!

All done~

Aaaah it’s mama…full tummy…love…sigh…

14 Responses to “In just one day…”

1. Ilisa says:

That is awesome, yay!  Doesn’t it make you so happy you didn’t give up on your goal?  Yep, now it’s off with the extras!  You know we’ll be there to pray for that!  I wouldn’t be afraid to try some of that “cold-turkey” again ;)  However, I’m not there with you 2 and I know you know the situation better, but if she’s doing this well, maybe?

2. Debbie says:

WONDERFUL!!
    She is dreamy, I keep looking at her pics. :)

debz @ momys

3. Denise says:

Oh yeaaa  VERITY!!!

I am so happy for you Susanna!!

That is wonderful news!!!

4. Jessica (janns) says:

Wonderful! (I love how she is all bundled up for her feeding.)

5. Misty says:

Wonderful!!!  She is so adorable =)  Just want to kiss those little cheeks!

6. Robin says:

Yay!!! His surprise blessings are WONDERFUL! He knows!
    Samuel (our almost non-verbal 2 year old) walked up to me at the computer and pointed at Verity’s picture and excitedly shouted “BABY!”. Then he started jumping up and down and clapping, repeating “BABY” over and over! =) Made my morning!

7. Stephanie Blanchard says:

*blush* glad that prayer was answered *whistles innocently* now to pray for all the extra equipment to not be needed. I’ll get right on it!

8. Erin says:

Beautiful wonderful excellent news. I know how happy this makes you. I exclusively breast feed grady and it took four months to get there, and it is the best part of my day. Praise the Lord.

9. Brandy says:

So you wrap her in a fitted sheet?  Clever!  I’m so glad she’s doing well at nursing!  God is good!

10. Marilyn Osborn says:

PTL!!!!!!!

11. Joy Horton says:

Yaaaaaaaaay, Susanna!!! Yaaaaaaaaay, Verity!!!!! Oh, so happy for you both!!!!! Woooohooooooo!!!!!

12. Praise God!  I am so happy to hear this Susanna!  She looks so content!  That must feel so wonderful!  (Her cheeks are so wonderfully round!)  :)

13. Shauna says:

yay!!  We’ve been praying for this!  Now the prayers need to come back this direction since Reagan today is NOT getting enough and is losing weight :(  But sooo glad for the good news!

14. Anna T says:

YEA!!  Thank you Jesus!!  I’m praying for the additional tools to not be necesary…