Marvelous are Your works!

October 9th, 2010

Look at this child.

Her eyes see.

They sparkle pure love onto eleven people on the face of this earth.

They crinkle with radiant happiness when the people she adores come to enjoy her.

They tell her hands where to find her mama’s face.

They gaze in curiosity at anything that catches her interest.

They give her face a whole range of expressions.

They may need to be adorned with a cute pair of glasses a few months from now.  Imagine that.  <wink>

Her ears hear.

She perks up at her daddy’s voice, and cranes her neck to see his face.

She cries at sudden loud noises, and is only reassured by being held tightly in my arms and looking into my eyes.

She smiles knowingly when she hears the words and phrases I say to her over and over again.

She is overcome with pleasure at the sound of her family singing around her.

Her taste buds work.

Mama’s milk, of course, with all its subtle variations depending on mama’s meals.

She’s had other tastes, too.  Orange-flavored Lasix, cherry-flavored Keflex, elderberry-flavored Sambucus, cod liver oil.  She’s liked them all but the Keflex.

Her hands work.

They are precious and perfect and hold onto toys, her bib, my finger.

She has a voice.

She talks back and forth with me, clear meaning in the expression of her face.  She “goos” and laughs with the best of them.

She moves.

Her muscles and her nerves work to make her move.

She may have low muscle tone but she is not paralyzed.

She has personality.

She laughs at the little games I play with her.

She shows her delight when she sees her favorite froggy friend within hands’ reach, and she carries on conversations with him.

She shouts a baby shout when we ignore her sleepy signals for too long.  “I am done being sociable and I want my bed now,” clear as clear to those with ears to hear.

She has unfavorable opinions about tummy time.

She is bright-eyed and curious.

But her most prominent characteristic is her sweetness.

She is lovely.

She has soft peachy fuzz growing on her head, despite how she may appear in photographs.  As much hair, I might add, as her siblings had at this age.

She has dainty eyebrows and eyelashes.

Her skin is soft and perfect.

Her features are delicately feminine.

Every cell of every one of her features carries an extra chromosome.

This shouldn’t WORK!

But when God looks down at this child He has made, what does He see?

“You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for You have created all things, and for Your pleasure they are and were created.”

18 Responses to “Marvelous are Your works!”

1. Misty says:

Precious!!!  Your post is such a joy to read =)

2. stephanie says:

Such beautiful words, written from a mothers heart. It would make a beautiful song!!

3. Sandie says:

Awwww!  Such a sweet post!
    We happen to think little babies with glasses are esp. adorable!

4. Kim says:

I am Lynn’s friend…checking in all the time at your sweet family.  I would hope to one day meet you if you are ever in the Lynchburg area.  What a blessing you are to my heart.

5. Alice says:

Beautiful, sweet Verity! Made in the image of God!

6. Marilyn Osborn says:

Sometimes she just takes my breath away…..she is so adorable!

7. Esther~Daybyday says:

She is absolutely b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l!! I love reading your posts!

8. Denise says:

Oh my–  my little Stephen was so happy to see these pictures!!  He is so very inlove with Verity!!   He just lights up when he sees her– and says “Oh she is so cuuuuute, mommy”.    It is so cute!!

She really is so precious!!!

My family thinks and prays for your family often.  My boys just asked me the other day if we’d be able to see your family again at the Farm Show this coming year…  they enjoyed seeing your family…even if only for a short time.

God Bless you!!

9. kris says:

Beautiful!

10. Joy Horton says:

I have no way of translating what my heart is uttering as I read this post. I guess the one word that would come close to sufficing is “AMEN!” : )

She’s precious, Susanna. She radiates the love she has received! It’s BEAUTIFUL to behold!

11. Danielle M. says:

She is simply precious!  How much fun it has been to watch our two babies grow and grow.  I love the feminine little outfits and bows, it is so evident how much you are enjoying her.

12. Kristi says:

She is beautiful!! Absolutely beautiful! And your love for her is beautiful as well :)

13. Janns says:

My little Peter says, “Hi!” to the baby. He asks every few days to look at the baby. He gets a big grin when he sees her. :)

14. Shari~hotfudgecustard says:

So precious and cuddly!  If we want to kiss her this much, how much more must the Lord look over her with love and favor!

15. Jenileigh says:

She is beautiful!

16. Lisa Horner says:

I just enjoy seeing these pictures of your precious little gift from God so very much!!! Our 7th blessing is also a little girl with DS who was born 8/05/2010. She had to have surgery for duodenal atresia on day 2 of life and was hospitalized for 23 days, went home for 10 days and hospitalized again for 7 days after a G-tube surgery. We are now awaiting her OHS to be scheduled. It has been an adventure! I have been so encouraged by your postings and pictures! God bless you and yours!

17. Erin says: