He is able

September 14th, 2010

“What shall I render to the LORD for all His benefits to me?

I will take up the cup of salvation, and call on the name of the LORD.”

Here I am again, needing.  I need His help.  I look around and see all that cries out to be done.  All the children, all the needs.  And I can’t meet the demand.  The task before me is preposterously impossible for me to carry out.

Today I am comforted to know that God is glorified by my need of Him!

All I have to offer Him for what He has done for me?  A call to Him for more help.

Because His store of help and His power to give it is limitless.  Praise Him!

“Help me, O LORD!”

8 Responses to “He is able”

1. Marilyn Osborn says:

And His help is coming, my friend…..each and every day!  ((((hugs))))

2. Yes, He is indeed able!!  ((((hugs)))  Praise the Lord!

3. Stephanie Blanchard says:

(((HUGS)))) keep talking to Him.

4. Leslie says:

I can so relate to this – feeling overwhelmed and knowing God is the only source of strength.  Sending you hugs!

Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to reading more of yours!

Blessings
    Leslie

5. Denise says:

(((( hugs))))
     You are in my prayers–  that God will continue to give you strength and give you guidence in what and how “all” things need to be accomplished in His perfect way.  (not ours  ;)    )

6. Sabrina says:

I remember once Susanna, something you said about God giving us more than we can handle, and I have found it true in my own walk. He doesn’t want me to stay where I can handle everything in my own power. He asks the impossible, then He asks me to rest in Him so that He can show His power and glory. Love and prayers for you this week.

7. Joy Horton says:

I can relate, too, Susanna. Many (most) times my prayer is just that – “Please help me, God.” It’s usually the only words I can put together that make any sense!

8. Tami Swaim says:

I had “one of those days” today.  The Lord gave me this verse, “…an ever present help in time of need”….
    We could not school today.  We spent the morning at the dentist’s office all seven of us.  There were many dental emergencies this day so we waited longer than usual.  By the time we got out it was lunch time.  I look at the clear clear sky above and decided to head for the park!  I ended up hiking with the six kids which WAS a sight to behold because we TRIED to push the umbrella stroller but had to carry Moriah most of the way.  It WAS nice and the view we saw spectacular AND we did learn something about Turkey Vultures and looked through binoculars.  BUT still I’m thinking about all those school books and schedules that *must get done*.  Yet, in the light of eternity …in the light of eternity what REALLY matter most? Oh, the answer to that helps me so so much.  When I feel overwhelmed as I have most of this week with Mark gone and only into the second week of school.  The first week went SO well, what, with daddy around to put Moriah down for nap during ‘seatwork’ , but in real life when mommy can’t depend on daddy’s help during school it just seems next to impossible.  I mean, what teacher brings her nursling into class with her?  She’d never accomplish anything!  Yet, that’s what we are called to do…be a mom and a teacher (to name just two of our many hats).  Let’s just not forget the most important hat, the helmet of salvation.  We’d be lost with out it, pun intended ;0)