August 8th, 2010

We are home!

We’re hoping to just be a family together at home this Lord’s Day.  We are so grateful that the Lord planned to give us this time before Joe goes back to work on Monday.  We want to rest and sing and maybe have some ice cream to celebrate.  The children have turned into big, sun-browned, Pennsylvania Dutch-speaking strangers!  And they have stories to tell that we want to hear!

As we left Hershey and headed back to Lancaster tonight, a sudden rush of emotion overwhelmed me.  This chapter has been completed.  The open heart surgery we prepared for all those months is finished.  It is behind us now.  Time to turn the page to the next chapter.

Rejoice, give thanks, and sing!

28 Responses to “Yes!”

1. Patti says:

PRAISE GOD!!!! So so happy for all of you!!! oxox to the little rosebud:)

2. Amy Morris says:

Wonderful news. Praying that you are now resting well. Have a great God day!

3. Stephanie Blanchard says:

As my Julianne would say, YAY HOORAY! I’m sure being home will help your spirits and that Miss Verity will recover better at home without the beeping.

I’m so amazed at our God! Before I went to sleep, I felt that I should pray for your mommy heart since I was sure it was breaking being away from your other children. And now, I woke up to nurse Solomon and find out you’ve been reunited! Amazing!

Give your crew a hug and kiss from my crew! XOXOXO

-Steph

4. Denise says:

We WILL sing and PRAISE!!!!!

I am so happy for your WHOLE FAMILY!!!!!!!!

I can just see you ALL sitting and singing–  celebrating—-  hugging–  kissing— sharing—   and of COURSE  LOVING on that little PINK VERITY!!!!!!

Oh– words cannot describe the happiness in my heart as I read this, early this morning.  The song on the radio right now is singing “Praise– King Almighty”  and yes–  we serve an ALMIGHTY KING– who can do beyond ALL we can ASK or Imagine!!

5. Aunt Carol says:

This is all so amazing!

6. Debbie/debz says:

YAY, YAY, YAY!!!  Enjoy your day.  :O)

7. sabrina says:

Rejoicing with you! I am so happy for you all. Enjoy your day. We’ll continue to pray for little Verity, for nursing to go well, and for your family as you all adjust back into normal day to day life.

8. Becky says:

That’s fantastic!  So thankful that this chapter is closed.  Looking forward to “watching” Verity grow bigger and stronger!  Hugs!

9. Sandie says:

Praise God!!!!  I am rejoicing with you!!  I recall the feeling of turning on to our road after being in the hosp with our babies for surgeries.  Such joy and relief.

10. greta says:

Praising God with you :-)

11. Misty says:

Praising God with you!!

12. Yay! Praise the Lord!

13. Natalia says:

It really is amazing how quickly “heart babies” can go home!  I was VERY unready for Charis to come home, but the hospital people said that babies recover better at home where they are at ease.  It was scary for me though, having no nurses to come every couple of hours for their “observations”.
    But they were right and I bet you will see Verity continue to recover amazingly quickly!
    So excited for all of you.
    Love, Natalia

14. jennifer76 says:

so happy for you guys!  Crying tears of joy here!!  Praise God!!

15. Marilyn Osborn says:

Amen! Praise You Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Rejoicing here!!!!!!!

16. Joy Horton says:

Oh, what good news! YES! We thank God that chapter is behind you!

Rejoicing with you all!!!!

17. Danielle M. says:

Oh we are so happy to hear of this wonderful news!  Praying that by now you have enjoyed some icecream and lots of hugs and kisses and stories from your little dutchies!  ach my what wonderful good news! :)

God is so good!
    Joel and Danielle and family

18. Shannon says:

Praise God!!!

19. Kimberly Zimmerman says:

Wonderful news!!  Your posts have been such a huge blessing and inspiration to me!  Thanks for sharing from your heart (and doing it soo incredibly well too!)…….  it’s a highlight of my day to hear and see baby Verity’s progress.  Continuing to pray for all of you…..

20. Shari~hotfudgecustard says:

Ahhhhhhh…….  Praise the Lord!

21. mimi says:

I am crying tears of joy for your family!

22. Marilyn Osborn says:

(it’s happening again…I’m checking for new pictures!  LOL!  It’s been at least 8 hours since you  posted any, right?  LOL)

23. Oh, such wonderful news and I hope you had a lovely day together as a family.

24. Ruth Einfeld says:

Praising God for His blessings to your family!  Esther went home with her feeding tube, but was able to ditch it for good just 2 weeks after surgery…but she didn’t really gain much weight at all until whe was 3 months in spite of eating all she was supposed to (and having higher calorie breastmilk/formula) until about 10 weeks past surgery as her little body was working so hard to heal…but then she gained 10 pounds in 8 weeks!
    Blessings and enjoy your family!
    Ruth

25. You don’t know me but still your my sister in Christ. I’ve just finished reading your journey on face book and we live in Worc.Ma. and have 2 sons (oldest & youngest) with Autism out of 5 children. There is no door that prayer through Christ has not opened and our grandonson too has mild Autism. Your daughter’s appearance is looking healthy and our prayers are with you all!

26. Denise says:

I’m with Marilyn–  just checking for pics– and see how you are doing– but I am also happy thinking– of you at HOME with your children–  tending to them after such an absence…..  ENJOY!!!!  We’ll wait– (as patiently as we can)  :)

27. Angiedawn says:

Checking for updates here too and especially pics! :) I bet I have checked 15 times since your last update lol.I am NOT trying to bug you!! :) I know you are all having a wonderful time together and I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Lord!

28. How is this HOT day going???????