My heart overflows

August 5th, 2010

In the interest of public modesty (with which I have been blessed in generous measure), I will show you only one picture~

That is the nurse helping the mama get set up to nurse the wired-up baby.

They had told me not to expect to attempt to breastfeed her until tomorrow.

(But I kept checking anyway, before pumping, just in case.)

So just being allowed to hold her and attempt to nurse her would have been enough!

But after attempting and failing to wake baby doll (whose days and nights are completely mixed up)…

And having her gag and cough at my first few attempts to get her latched on…

SHE NURSED!!!  SHE NURSED!!!  OH, HALLELUJAH!!!

38 Responses to “My heart overflows”

1. Susan (DE) says:

I am crying with happiness for you.   And thanking the Lord.

2. mimi says:

yay! That is wonderful news! I know how sick you probably are of pumping. I pumped and syringe fed the twins for what seemed like forever and I couldn’t get away from that pump fast enough. I am so glad she is getting stronger every day!!!

3. Kristi says:

What a little trooper! Yay Verity, we love you!

4. brandi says:

how wonderful! way to go verity!

5. Lara Font says:

awesome news!  Yeah Mom!  No more pumping!!!  Loved seeing you holding her – Praise God!

6. Tanya says:

Rejoicing here!! Wonderful news!!

Thank you, Lord!

7. Becky says:

That’s fantastic news!  She’s just trucking right along!  I’m sure she’s ready to get home to those brothers and sisters soon! :)

8. She is a Trooper!!!

9. Menardfamily says:

I’m in awe. Glory be to the Lord. We continue to follow and pray. Love you all!

10. Where your heart is, there also is your treasure!!!

11. Misty says:

WooHooo!!!!  That is so wonderful!

12. Marilyn Osborn says:

Okay, Susanna…..I’m crying every single day now! LOL  Praise our sweet Father!!!!!!!!  Praise Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Alma Charles says:

Oh Susanna, I am so excited for you!  I’ve been praying lots this week and wishing I could come and see you!  Hope to talk to you in person sometime soon.  By the way, on Sunday I heard that your children’s caregivers are “having SO much fun with them!” :-) Looking forward with you when you’ll all be together as a family again!  Thank God for all His kindnesses!!

14. Tami Swaim says:

All nursing moms know just how elated you must have been to have her nurse!  She’s amazing!

15. Angela in MT says:

Praise the Lord!  I know it will be so healing and comforting for you both!!!!

She nursed <5 minutes the first time and 3 minutes the second time, so we’ve a little ways to go, AND I plan to keep pumping for the sake of another baby whose mama can’t nurse him, BUT…!  All the elements for successful nursing are there, she just needs to wake up!

17. Kristi says:

Praise the Lord!!!  I don’t comment much, but I’ve been following your journey here, and I cry and laugh along with you. Right now, I’m dancing for joy!!  ♥♥

18. allison (christianmomoflots) says:

Tears! and Praising the Lord!

19. Betty says:

Super exciting.  I remember the first time I attempted to nurse Hannah after she had been in the nicu.  I about got strangled by some of those wires.  She didn’t nurse well that time, but later that night, she did.  Congratulations, you are blessed!!  She is so super adorable. ;)

20. Jamie says:

Praise God!!  Such a blessing.  How very very special for you Susanna.

21. Angela in MT says:

I just keep coming back to look at the picture =)

22. Jerri H. (my7blessings) says:

With tears of joy and happiness flowing down my face, PRAISE THE LORD our God in HEAVEN, PRECIOUS IS HIS NAME!!!!!  Susanna, your testimony is such a blessing to me!!!!!!  :)  Continuing to pray for you and precious Verity and all your family!!!

23. Grandma Sally says:

This grandma laughed aloud with happiness!  Miracles never cease.

24. Jennifer says:

Oh how wonderful!  Praise the Lord!  What a wonderful feeling!  Good girl, Verity, keep working hard!

25. Shannon says:

Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord!!!  What wonderful news!

26. I think I am the only guy on my sisters blog……

27. Danielle M. says:

Your baby girl’s progress made quite the joyful lunch conversation for Joel and I!  I couldn’t stop grinning.  It was amazing to watch God answer all those prayers.  What a mighty God we serve!

28. Sandie says:

I know how much this means to you and am rejoicing!!!  This is truly a gift from the Lord!

29. Wanda says:

Oh how wonderful,  Praise the Lord!  I wish i could hug you in person :)

30. Angiedawn says:

Thank God……….So many wonderful wonderful things to thank HIM for! Seems too good to be true Susanna! I am so so happy for you!

31. Anna T says:

Thank you Jesus for this week and for precious Verity!!  If they will allow you, you may want to try Kangaroo care in a reclining chair next to her basinette?   This would be very beneficial for both of you and also for nursing : ) !!  (and you can be very modest by wrapping a robe around both of you).  Continuing to pray for Verity’s complete recovery and discharge!!  YEA!!

32. Dad says:

oh! how happy we are for you, Susanna, and for Verity,…. and for us as well!!!  (Jon, I’m the other guy!)

33. Denise says:

Yeaaaaaa

Dancing with JOY here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Oh my—  That is just BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL—-  what a MIRACLE has occured!!!

So happy for you Susanna—- so happy!!!!!!

PS: I’d love to come see you again– Sunday or Monday (jasons days off) I’ll pm you– and see where you are!!!    Who knows by then!!  ;)

34. Wonderful and rejoicing here.  Does my heart good knowing you are able to hold her a bit again.  Will continue to keep praying for precious Verity and for you too.  ((hugs))

35. sabrina says:

I am so glad I checked before going to bed. That is the best news!! I am so, so happy for you. Thank you, Lord for answering our prayers!

36. Praise The Lord!! OH Susanna, I am filled with joy for you!!!!

37. Ashley says:

I am so happy for you, I could cry! I hope I never take nursing for granted again. It is such a blessing.
    Enjoy having your little girl close! :)

38. WONDERFUL!  (Did you just hear the yelp coming from Virginia!? That was me!)