Help Wanted

August 17th, 2010

We usually start our academic year at the end of July/beginning of August, but God had other learning experiences for us this summer!

Since we don’t know how long it will be until Verity can eat properly, we will not be putting off the schooling until she catches on.  We’re planning to get back into the books next Monday.

Since God has given me this assignment, I know He will help me carry it out, as He always has before!  To help me brainstorm some logistics, I’m coming for counsel to you moms with experience!

If you fit into the following categories, could you please reply and let me know?

1.  Christian

2.  Home educating, but not using video/computer curriculum or unschooling

3.  Larger family, including many young children

4.  And at the same time that you fit the above description, you have had a baby with special needs, especially if your baby had ongoing, time-consuming feeding issues, and you eventually breastfed.

5.  You are willing and able to chat with me by email.

Now that the big hurdles of the congestive heart failure and surgery are over and done with, we have gone back to moderating the comments to this blog.  If you reply to this post with an offer to chat, we will keep your reply private, and I will just email you with my questions.  All other replies will be published.  Does that make sense?

Thank you for considering my humble request.  :-)

Every so often, I go and re-read a certain passage of Scripture, just to see if it is still there.  I desperately needed to do that again today.  Lo and behold, there it is!  Still there, still making the same unfathomably, miraculously, colossally comprehensive promise!  Thank You, Lord!

~”He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.”~

7 Responses to “Help Wanted”

1. Joy Horton says:

I just want to say thank you for posting that verse! I really needed to hear that today!

2. Denise says:

Susanna-

I am always thankful when you post updates like these–  they give me specific areas to continue to pray for YOU and your family…..

I will pray– that God will help, lead, guide, carry you thru this time–and as you make changes or other decisions inregards to homeschooling specifically.

(((hugs)))

3. rebecca says:

Thanks for the updates I have 8 children have you ever considered School of Tomorrow? I use them here in Australia saves me a lot of time & stress the work books are already done tests are included etc really helps when you have bad times. Im so glad to share your life through this blog keeps me strengthened that there are people out there with challenges greater than mine I love your positivity!!

4. Tami Swaim says:

I have two workbooks that you might find helpful.  They are packed with good tips for women in our shoes.  One is called “Managers of Their Homes” http://www.titus2.com and “Managers of their Schools”…By the Maxwell family…I have another one called “Managers of their Chores” … I’ve gone through all three and could loan them to you if you are interested! I’ve been thinking about you with the school year coming up.  Tell me your grade levels.  Maybe you could borrow some books???  I have some Math books unused available.

Tami, sure, I’ll borrow them if it means you’ll stop in here and visit! :)

6. Tami Swaim says:

Okay!  I’ll call about coming to visit!  My husband is lining me up for another family traveling trip.  I’ll come BEFORE then!  …which means tomorrow Monday, or Tuesday!