A week ago…

August 4th, 2010

…our tiny daughter was laboring for each breath and her surgery date was one impossibly long week away.

How many people have said to me this week, “It’s good you brought her in when you did.”

During this week of countless remarkable Providences, many of which I have not written about here, our loving Heavenly Father picked up our baby, took us by the hand, and led us step by step, exactly where and when and how and what and which and who.  Every detail, mapped out by Him.

Our hearts safely trusted in Him, and even this trust was freely given to us because of His grace.

Where is there room for fear?

O Lord, we thank You~

Oh, the sweetness~

We are blessed.  Not because our baby’s heart is all fixed up and she is growing stronger by the day.  Not because God decided to send us joy rather than grief this time.  But because we have a God who is worthy of all praise, all trust, all glory.  We are safe in Him.

O Lord, give us grace to praise, to trust, to glorify You as You deserve!

“Blessed are those whose strength is in You, in whose hearts are the highways to Zion.  As they go through the Valley of Baca they make it a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools.  They go from strength to strength; each one appears before God in Zion.

O LORD of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in You!”

29 Responses to “A week ago…”

1. Zoey's mom says:

Rejoicing alongside you.Many prayers for continued healing and that home is on the horizon before long!It has been an honor watching you journey this past week,overflowing in unwavering faith.An inspiration to us all.

2. Denise says:

Ahhhhh   I was hoping I would see your hand HOLDING HER!!!  Yeaaaahhhhh
    Oh what a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!!!

I am soooo soooo sooooo HAPPY for you all!!!!

As I’m typing the song “What a Mighty God We Serve” is going thru my mind–  yes indeed!!!

She looks BEAUTIFUL– look at those BRIGHT EYES!!!

3. Betsy says:

I think this post brought more tears than the last!! Praise the Lord You are holding your precious gift from God above!! To be able to wrap your arms around her and kiss those adorable PINK cheeks, What a Day of rejoicing this is!!!

4. Misty says:

Rejoicing with you!!

5. stephanie says:

praising His goodness with you!!! Verity looks so good, her color is perfect and pink! Amazing!

6. Julie says:

Susanna, if someone asked me what true love looked like, I would immediately think of the picture of Verity as she looks into her Momma’s eyes.

7. Jasmine says:

I am rejoicing with you sister.  So happy to hear she is growing stronger everyday.  To HIM be the glory forever.

8. Dad says:

Wonderful to hear such news, and we’re very happy for you. I can’t wait to see you again.

9. Adrienne says:

What a precious little girl!!  My son’s 1 year heart day is coming up in just 2 days and I remember how special that was to hold him so close.  I’m so happy she is doing well and God is so good!!

10. LaurieP says:

Thank you for sharing more pictures of Verity!  She looks so beautiful and strong and healthy in these recent shots.  Praising God with you every step of the way.

11. jennifer76 says:

How wonderful!  My children, who have been praying daily for Verity, just came in and looked at her pictures with me.  They remarked at how good she looks and how cute she is :).  She is just so precious!!  (((hugs)))

12. Marilyn Osborn says:

Praising the Lord with you.  I am SO THANKFUL to see you holding her.  She is sooo precious.  I tear up with every post.  Thank you for your faith.  It is a blessing.

13. Aunt Carol says:

She is truly a miracle baby.

14. Liz says:

She knows who’s holding her now!  Wonderful!

15. Joy Horton says:

I just read this post and the 2 right before it and all I can offer is JOYFUL TEARS!!!!! I’m so in awe of our AWESOME, LOVING Father!!!

I’m rejoicing with you all in this happy news but also in the Safety of His mighty and able hands!

Love you so much!!!!

Oh, and those pics of you holding Verity nearly put me into the “ugly cry”! LOL Sooooooooo precious! You can feel the love all the way ‘out here’!

16. Amy Morris says:

I am so happy. PRAISE GOD!!!! Her progress amazes me. And your faith inspires me. God is so good.

17. Deanna S says:

Wow! She is looking so much better already! Praise God! and it is so nice to see you getting to hold her, yay!

18. Shari~hotfudgecustard says:

Praise the Lord for healing!!!!!  And it’s so good to see you holding her and loving her up close instead of from a distance.

19. Gwendolyn (photomommy) says:

Crying tears of joy for you!  How wonderful it must be to hold your sweet baby again!  She looks wonderful! :)

20. Angiedawn says:

Oh…..tears….I couldnt’ reply last night because my keyboard wasn’t working but I was so so overjoyed to read your update and then this one this morning.You don’t know what a wonderful example you are to me when it comes to trusting and not fearing.You have been for a long time now and this just tops it off.The pictures of her just bring my to tears.Especially the one of you holding her….I am so so so happy for all of you today.

21. sabrina says:

Oh! She looks so good! Every day she gets better and better. It’s so great to see that you can hold her and give her kisses.

22. cindy says:

Such precious pics, what a Mighty God we serve!!!!!!!!!!  You certainly testify of His grace and goodness.  Praise God Verity has taken such a good turn.  Thank you for sharing.

23. Tami Swaim says:

The eye contact is too precious for words!

24. Marilyn Osborn says:

watching for updates….

25. Grandma Sally says:

Happy, Happy, Happy News!!!

26. Debbie/debz says:

Oh the sweetness!  My heart has melted.
    Thank you for sharing your Love and walk with the Lord!

27. Goodness me.. she is BEAUTIFUL and PINK!  What a mighty God we serve!