Waiting for the doctor…

July 29th, 2010

We didn’t forget to update!

I called the doctor at 9 and she asked if we could get the baby in for the pre-operative work today for the surgery tomorrow.  I said that we could get there after lunchtime.  (We are an hour away, we are still packing, Joe is at work.)

She said that she would call me back, and we are still waiting on that call.

Verity woke up for two hours last evening.  It was special for Joe, because while she was awake he was handling her feeding to allow me to keep a haircut appointment (hadn’t been in since mid-May).  She opened her eyes for a little while when I got back home, and has again been asleep since then.  Her breathing today is about the same as last night.  Now she gags and vomits if we attempt to give her a bottle, so we are just using the tube, and taking 45 instead of 20 minutes to feed her with that.  That has helped to cut down on how much reflux she has.  I hope this isn’t too much information, but she doesn’t have much energy to mess her diapers, and when she tries, it makes her cry and vomit as well.

We are overwhelmed to see how many of you are praying for our little girl.  Thank you all.  Bless you.  We will update as we are able!

9 Responses to “Waiting for the doctor…”

1. cindy says:

PRAYERS (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
    God is Sovereign!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Janelle says:

We are lifting you all in prayer.

3. Stefani Heustis says:

I am and have been praying.  I am sorry I haven’t been able to be in contact.  Things have been insane here but you have not left my thoughts or my prayers.  I am pleading with God to let everything go quickly, smoothly, uneventfully, and a structured organized fashion that all will go well and Verity will be as strong and as healed as our Sarah.  We will have them play together one day!

4. Kristin says:

Been checking for the update and praying every time I check and will continue praying.

5. Kelly Y (kyngbld) says:

Thank you for the update, Susanna. You are precious to remember us in the midst of your packing. I continue to pray for you and thank our Father in Heaven for a good report to come!!

6. Amy Morris says:

Please know we are praying. I thank God for his plan (moving the surgery closer) and that dear little Verity will not have to struggle much longer. Just this morning a met a Mother whose son has Down Syndrome. Her and another Mom started the Central PA Down Synrome Awareness Group. I shared Verity with her a bit. She seemed to have a wealth of knowledge and maybe you are already aware of the resources she spoke of such as Medicaid paying for the medical bills? She also spoke of Early Intervention being involved after Verity’s surgery and recovery. website is http://www.cpadsag.org  she did mention you have a group in Lancaster but that everyone is invited and welcome to all events. Love and prayers! Be stong and of good courage, do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord you God is with you.

7. Joyce says:

You all are in our prayers. May the Lord fill you wiht His peace and comfort.
    We are praying for the surgeons and nurses as well who will performing this operation.
    Love and prayers,
    Joyce

8. Nancy says:

It’s not TMI.  That is how Kara Faith was during the last 48 hours she was with us.  Kara had Tetrology of Flow (pink tet)–a heart condition and Alobar Holoprosencephaly.  It was so hard for her to “eat” and breath at the same time.  I am praying that this surgery is successful for Verity and she lives a LONG with you!

9. Joy Horton says:

Praying for healing for Verity through this surgery and that God will slide His hands into the doctor’s hands like gloves and perform this Himself. Praying for peace for all of you while you wait.

((((((((((enormous hugs, prayers, and tears)))))))))))))