Taking her in…

July 17th, 2010

We did call and report her symptoms to the doctor on call, and he said she needs to be taken in to the ER at Hershey.  He said to pack for the possibility that she may be admitted to the hospital so she can receive Lasix by IV.

I will be driving her out myself, and we will just take it from there.  We have no way of knowing right now whether she will be admitted, and if so, how long she will be in, et cetera, et cetera.

Our son Joseph will post any updates for the time being.  I do hope that you all will understand that we will do our very, very best to keep everyone updated.  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your love and prayers for our baby!

Ed. to add that her feeding amounts dropped drastically this afternoon.

Edited again by Daniel — Mom called back to tell me that she found herself thinking about a certain hymn as she was driving, and she asked me to add two verses from that hymn to this post:

Father, I know that all my life  Is portioned out for me;
The changes that are sure to come,  I do not fear to see:
I ask thee for a present mind,  Intent on pleasing thee.

I ask thee for the daily strength,  To none that ask denied,
A mind to blend with outward life,  While keeping at thy side,
Content to fill a little space,  If thou be glorified.

17 Responses to “Taking her in…”

1. sabrina says:

We will be praying and praying for that sweet little one and for Mama and the whole family.

2. Jennifer says:

Awww.  I hope the IV lasix does the trick.  Prayers for you all.

3. Ashley says:

Praying for Verity <3

4. Ruth Einfeld says:

If Verity responds to it like Esther did, she’ll be looking great in around 1 hour from getting her dose via IV…I’m praying that all will go smoothly and you’ll be all settled in at the hospital watching your dear Verity breath easier, eat better, and be more alert…

5. jennifer76 says:

Praying for you all!

6. Tanya says:

Will be praying here. (((Hugs)))

May the Lord surround both you and precious Verity with His presence.

7. Danielle says:

You will all be in our prayers tonight and through the weekend. Keep in mind that the Ronald McDonald House right there in Hershey is AMAZING and they offer food, rest and comfort as well as a place for the entire family to go and play and stay while visiting. Also, thank you Daniel for keeping us posted .. please continue to do so!!

8. Joy Horton says:

Praying, Susanna! Sending love and many hugs (and tears b/c I just can’t help it!) your way!

9. prayers for you all.
    (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))
    Love,
    Rebecca in Alberta

10. Lisa says:

Thanks for adding the hymn verses.  I’m encouraged to see how the Lord is encouraging you.  He is SO faithful.  We’re still praying.

11. April Hardwick says:

I’m praying Susanna!

12. Nancy Palmer says:

I just was reading your first posts about your sweet baby girl.  Last August we found our daughter had a brain defect called Holoprosencephaly.  She was our 8th child.  Know that I am praying for your baby girl.  Our baby, also, had a heart defect that was not picked up on ultrasound.  It was called Tetrology of Flow (pink tet for short).  We miss our Kara Faith.  Praying God is mighty in healing Verity and giving her a full life and wonderful time with you.

13. Denise says:

Susanna, Daniel and Family–

PLEASE PLEASE let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do—I live close enough to Hershey that I would be happy to bring some food for Susanna or anything else she may need…. PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me– REALLY…… i would be MORE than happy to help in ANY way…..

If you email me I can give you my phone number and/or cell #.  I will PM them to Susanna’s MOMYS account right now.

We will be praying——
    ((((Hugs))))) and tears…….

14. Marilyn Osborn says:

Just seeing this…..PRAYING for you, sweet sister….for sweet Verity….for your family……((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

15. Praying hard, Susanna!

16. Kristin says:

Praying here too!  ((((HUGS))))

17. laura in utah says:

Praying for your sweet blessing and you!