For the record…

July 14th, 2010

Doubling her dose of Lasix didn’t seem to make much difference for more than a few hours in the middle of today.

I haven’t seen her worse than she is right now.

It is one thing to watch her sweat and work hard and wear out trying to eat.

It’s another thing entirely to watch her sweat and work hard just trying to breathe.  Her whole chest is heaving in an uneven pattern, in and out, up and down.  What if she wears out?

How can I lay this child down and go to sleep?

Tonight my heart is crying again and again, “O God, she belongs to You.”

27 Responses to “For the record…”

1. Shari~hotfudgecustard says:

OH, LORD!  Hold onto sweet Verity and her mama!  Keep them in your care tonight.  Touch her little heart and bring healing.  Show your power in her, Lord.  Let the world see your Truth in her life.

2. Martha says:

I am sorry! i will be praying

3. Wanda10blessings says:

Susanna, I wanted you to know Iam praying right now for your precious baby its 12am here and Iam going to pray all night for her to be able to breath easier, and give your  family the wisdom to know how to care for her through these tough times . You are a wonderful and beautiful momy and Iam so blessed to call you my sister. I love you !!!!

4. Jennifer says:

Praying. . .

5. Kristin says:

Praying for you and sweet Verity tonight!

6. Maria (assistantcoach) says:

Praying for you all tonight, Susanna.  Bless you. (((HUGS)))

7. Karen says:

I am praying for you and Verity right now.

8. Marilyn Osborn says:

The Lord woke me…it is 4:30 central….praying for you and sweet Vertiy!!!!!!!!

9. Denise says:

Susanna– we are PRAYING… I woke this morning with Verity on my heart– we are praying—-

10. Danielle says:

How very hard that must be to watch your little girl struggle like that.  God is the giver of every breath we breath.  I will pray that you will find comfort and rest in that.  He is giving Verity every. single. breath. that was ordained for her.  Prayers for you all.  I hope the surgery date, although that will surely be difficult too, will come sooner rather than later and will greatly help little Verity.

11. Rebekah says:

Our heavenly Papa sees you, He hears your prayers and mine as I pray in the Spirit for you and Verity now.  The verse in my heart for you is “You will keep him in perfect peace, who heart is fixed You, because he trusts You.”  Remember Perfect love casts out fear, fear and love cannot coexist because fear involves torment. All things will be used to bring Glory to God.

12. Robin says:

My family will pray for Verity this morning.

13. jennifer76 says:

We prayed this morning for Verity during our prayer time and I will continue praying for her and for all of you ((((Hugs)))).

14. Sheena says:

Praying for you and your sweet little girl!!

15. Yvonda says:

I saw this only now; our computer is being fussy.  :(  I am crying ever since; I can’t imagine the agony of your mother-heart, and what a long night it must have been.  Praying with everything I am…

16. Becky says:

Praying for you and sweet Verity!

17. Marci says:

I am praying, Susanna! We love you and Verity (and the whole family).

18. Joy Horton says:

Just saw this now, Susanna. Please update whenever you can. (I know you will, don’t even know why I said that.)

Praying for your sweet baby.

19. Esther Glick says:

praying for you!!! I’m so sorry you are facing this, we’ve seen Jadrian like that many times and its VERY scary and faith testing.
    God WILL carry you and verity is in His capable hands!!

20. Marilyn Osborn says:

Just checking for an update…..praying, friend….

21. Dusti says:

Just coming to check on Verity. Praying for you guys!

22. Patti says:

Oh, I will pray! Lily did not have these issues, so forgive me for my ignorance- but why can’t they just do the surgery now? I have read so much about babies having heart surgery immediately after birth, and how well they do..and also- why not put in a feeding tube? You can still bottle feed and use the tube to finish what she can’t take on her own..I’m SURE you know all this, I am just curious at to what the doctors are saying? I will pray for wisdom for you!

23. Patti says:

Hi Susanna, it’s me again:) I hope you don’t mind, I posted a link to your blog on mine, asking for prayer for Verity. If you get comments from strangers, that’s why:) Praying hard!

24. Brandi says:

What happened – did you go to the ER?

25. Joan Crick says:

Susanna,
    My heart sank when I read this this afternoon. You will be on my mind and in my prayers. Praying that your family will feel the Shepherd “gathering you in his arms and carrying you close to his heart” as you endure this trial.

Oh my, I am overwhelmed to tears at the love and prayers that are bearing us up right now.  Thank you, my friends, and I LOVE YOU ALL.

27. Angiedawn says:

I feel such a love for that precious girl Susanna.I can’t imagine what you are going through.She is so so special.The picture of her laying on her brothers shoulder is so unbelievably precious of both of them.The LOVE she has just makes me thankful every time I see it.

She IS so cute by the way and not just because she is “Verity” but she truly is just darling!!!!!!!!

Praying for you tonight…..It is 12:00 Am and I am going to bed.Will be praying for her when I get there.

Hugs and love to all of you.