My (much beloved) midwife found out that the local hospital will not make a decision about whether or not to accept me for the birth until they have the results of the fetal echocardiogram. We had thought that a diagnosis of “probable Down syndrome” and one of two specific, serious heart defects would be enough information for them to go on, but apparently it’s not.
So we decided last night to go ahead and have that done in the near future rather than wait until closer to her birth, to help us all figure out which hospital we’ll be working with.
I have been very reassured as to Verity’s well-being by how very, very active she is. She ties for first place with Laura, our previous Most Active in Utero winner! She has never given me the slightest cause for concern, which I am gratefully accepting as a mercy of God to us. After six weeks of gaining and losing the same few pounds over and over, I have finally been able to put on and keep on three more pounds. Also, my belly looks much bigger now than in that first blog post from a month ago. So we’re hoping that all those clues mean that she is growing and thriving famously in there.